Customer reviews

on 29 June 2014
Cover 4/5 - great as he struggles to live

Contents - Until I found Felix's poetry the genre was a closed book. Felix died last week. A great loss. My thanks to him for his delightful poetry, wonderful sculpture garden in Dorsington and the Heart of England Forest.

May he RIP

Alexander of the Allrighters and Ywnwab! ( The latter includes a story about a visit to his house.)
on 22 July 2013
Even if you say you don't like poetry you can't not like this, it is in turn, funny, heartbreaking, full of pathos and wit and expresses the human condition so well. I bought it for my husband and have to wait till he's not around to get my hands on it. Sitting on my patio on a hot afternoon, g & t in hand, beautiful blue skies and Love of a Kind to hand, this is bliss.
on 22 July 2013
I'd only ever heard of Felix Dennis for the wrong reasons; I bought this fantastic book after seeing him on TV and reading a couple of poems from it. It is full of poetry for everyone, a marvelous book.
on 10 November 2013
Already reviewed this so dont want to repeat myself but it was bought as a gift and has been very well recieved.
on 28 August 2013
A width and a breadth of fresh air like no other. A modern day W B Yeats. A must for all lovers of poetry.
on 6 August 2013
saw Felix Dennis on TV - bought 2 copies as gifts for friends, both of whom have said how much they liked it.
on 4 August 2013
My first Felix Dennis book of poetry. Am enjoying it very much.
Slowly reading through-pleased to add it to my collection.
on 10 November 2013
I do not believe this poetry would get published if the author was unknown. Some of it is okay but to be fair I have not bothered to read it all - I was bored with it!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 October 2013
I was given this book of Poems from a friend as a gift after she had raved about. Now having read this great book of Poetry from Mr Dennis I will certainly be buying some of his previous editions. I always remembered poetry from my days at school and was never a great fan, however this book has changed my view on Poetry for all the positive reasons. Felix Dennis's book is a fantastic read and I will certainly be buying this as a gift for my friends and family this Christmas!

I Highly Recommend This To Everyone!
on 4 June 2014
If one, as I have been in my lifetime, has been exposed to prose and poetry then this book, "Love of a Kind" will rekindle your love for the genre, superbly written with readings on c.d. by Felix Dennis himself. I would recommend this book to any aspiring lover of English literature or newcomers to the genre, too, it is up there with the very best.