on 2 June 2014
My son recommended this book and it doesn’t dissapoint.
This book is a very interesting and humorous take on Birds and their behaviour. Whilst the drawings may not be lifelike they do portray the birds characters perfectly; and are artworks in themselves.
Likewise the brief comments are true to form for those of us familiar with the ways of our feathered friends.
An essential coffee table book to put a smile on your face.
Would recommend this book as a great introduction for children to ornithology.
on 29 January 2014
This really is the most beautiful book and I have enjoyed so much both the illustrations and the lovely descriptions that Matt gives to each of the songbirds. Saw the book for sale in a local book shop and found it then online considerably reduced -absolutely love it and it makes a lovely present to any bird lover.
on 5 January 2015
Lovely little book with wonderful drawn pictures of the birds - no good really as a bird identifier, but would be fun to use if you vaguely knew what you were looking for.
on 13 April 2014
Amusing,informative & easy to handle.I,ve also bought Our Garden Birds for my 94 year old sister. She uses it to check on the birds that come to her window feeders.
on 3 August 2013
It is a fabulous picture book much better than many run of the mill bird books
The narrative was amusing ,original and descriptive .
Looked forward to sharing it with my grandaughter in the future .
I need to replace it unfortunately as I left it behind on holiday .
Hope someone is enjoying those pictures as much as me
on 2 August 2013
Distinctive and enchanting, with a songbird for each week of the year, this delightful gift book will appeal to birders, children and adults, and art and design fans alike.
on 5 August 2013
This book and his others are absolutely lovely, the pictures are stunning and if he produced cards ai would buy them. The descriptions and charming. Love that I own one and have bought many as gifts which have also been loved.
on 10 April 2016
As I've put, 5 stars! I love it!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 May 2017
A lovely, lovely, book. I like it so much I have bought the others in the series and they are all equally delightful.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 February 2016
Charming illustrations and a quirky description of much loved birds