Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Sunshine on a Plate
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 February 2014
Beautiful recipe book all put together as is the title! I've read the whole book in one go and have highlighted so many I don't even know where to start!
Simply can't wait to get cooking!!!
on 13 August 2013
Superb recipes clearly written & photographed , delighted to see gluten free identified against recipes in the index . Iwould recommend this book .
on 10 August 2013
I followed Shelina's progress on Masterchef and was delighted when she won. I was even more pleased when she started sharing her recipes on her facebook page before announcing the publication of this beautifully presented cook book. The recipes are clearly set out and easy to follow with plenty of attractive photographs of the finished dishes to help inspire and useful advice on essential ingredients, spices and techniques. Sunshine on a plate indeed!
on 28 July 2013
I lived in Mauritius for many years and now live in the UK.I am so glad about Selina 's book as now I can cook some of the fantastic,tasty ,spicy Mauritian meals as if I was still on the island!
Selina can make Mauritius proud and is a good ambassador for this beautiful island through her recipes easy to make even for beginners. Her recipes are easy to follow with everyday ingredients.
Bravo Selina!
on 1 August 2013
I am an avid collector of cookery books and read the reviews and thought it would be really different fusion food but much the same as lots of cookbooks I already had so sent it back.
on 20 November 2013
This book it great quality with some nice recipes in there. I've not cooked anything yet as only just got the book but I love recipe books and have over 100 books. A great addition to my collection.
on 10 January 2014
Rather disappointed - I really liked Shelina's very original and quite different cooking on Masterchef and expected more of the same in her book, but it appears to have be watered down in favour of blander, simpler recipies.
on 7 May 2014
So impressed with book, booked a holiday in Mauritius and even though, Im of the greyer community, lm getting married there, in November. My partner wanted to go to Las Vegas etc. My response was, "Everyone, goes to the States, lets go to Mauritius". She agreed; my family were seafarers from Ynys Mon, as far, as l know, nobody from the family has been to Mauritius. So looking forward to it, visiting the local markets and admiring the beautiful sea and skies.
on 18 July 2015
This was a great discovery this summer. The layout of recipes and the photographs are inspiring and a joy in themselves. It made my mouth water even before I tried one of Shelina’s easy-to-do recipes. The ingredients she uses are easy to find and you need neither patience nor be an expert cook to follow her clear and simple instructions. If you are after finger food, it is impossible to overlook the island’s beloved gajak, the gateaux piments - with crabmeat, a twist from Shelina. I have also served spicy aubergine bajas and chilli stuffed with sardine to the delight of my guests. On sunny days of barbecues I suggest the grilled swordfish with pomegranate, on rainy days spent indoors in the kitchen, her cari mutton. For those who prefer something lighter I would say the spicy Mauritian coleslaw. The sweet section of the book is irresistible - her banana lattice for tea time or her lychee panna cotta and mango crème brulee as desserts. For those who have travelled to Mauritius or who wish to be reminded of the island rich exotic and tasty cuisine that was inspired by so many different traditions and cultures, this book is an ideal present. Shelina is indeed a ray of the island’s sunshine on your plate.
on 24 July 2013
I was not aware of Shelina's cooking as although I collect cookery books I do not watch Master chef.
Very glad I purchased the book, love spicy food and the recipes are fresh and unfussy.Nice book with not too complicated food.