on 6 August 2013
For all cookbook addicts like myself this is a must-buy. Things I like about this book are: the photography (the photo of beetroot carpaccio is just stunning), the use of (mostly) easy-to-find ingredients, the list of resources for harder-to-find ingredients, the recipes for alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, the nerdy food-facts scattered throughout the book and the ethical approach to utterly delicious food. I've made quite a few meals from this book now and none of them cost a fortune, plus it gives some ideas for using stuff I grow in my garden but have struggled to find a use for (such as lovage, for example - right now I am drying lovage seeds to make the rabbit confit with lovage breadcrumbs).
I hope I've convinced you to buy this book. If you care about eating good, sustainable and delicious food, then you should at least consider it.
on 11 January 2018
Bought as a Christmas present for an aspiring chef and it was well received. Would recommend!
on 24 June 2013
With a writing style that is so open and inviting you can almost feel the cold frost on the garden in winter, smell the earth as spring warms it up and taste the delights as they arrive from the stove. As a long-standing allotment keeper this book entices me try that little bit harder in both my growing and in pairing natures bounty with well-thought out recipes. A really inspiring read.
on 26 July 2013
A great book in every way - inspired and inspiring, beautifully photographed by Jason Ingram and full of great recipes. It has so many original ideas yet avoids being wacky or full of ingredients that most of us can't source. It is a beautiful book, really well designed, written and photographed and even though I was expecting it to be brillaint it has surpassed my expectations. Buy it and go the Ethicurean to eat!
on 13 November 2016
v good book
on 13 January 2014
I bought this for someone on recommendation from someone else who has been to the restaurant. The recipes are great and now the restaurant is on my wish list.
on 1 March 2014
It'll make you want to visit the restaurant. A bit too huntin' shootin' fishin' for me. I also bought one for my friend who is a vegetarian......ooops. However for a meat eater there are lots of beautiful recipes although I suspect it will be less hassle and tastier to have them prepared in the restaurant.
on 3 February 2017
Lovely book. Full of inspiration
on 22 September 2014
Bought as a present for someone who went to the restaurant. Recipient has used it with success.
on 9 August 2013
Excellent recipes, beautiful photography, good for entertaining and everyday. Easy meals to make. The puddings are the best I have made