on 8 November 2014
Recieved
on 20 June 2013
This diet is way too complicated. Guidelines are not clear amounts are confusing and many of the items are not readily available. I got it, read it twice, bought the first weeks food, baulked at the expense and then tried to explain it to my PT. When I realised how complicated it was I thought I have no chance of sticking to this and bought Jillian Michaels Metabolism book instead. Similar theory, much less complicated and better presented.
on 18 July 2017
Fantastic and realistic I'm losing every week I eat it's great
on 25 October 2014
Best "diet" I have ever done and seen results. It actually has launched me into realizing this way of eating is for life for me; cutting out the sugar, limiting grains, and nourishing my body with good food. Easy to follow, I thought I would have the worst withdrawal but having that "it's just for 28 days" kept me going. I have lost 10lb in 2 months. (Those final ten pregnancy pounds that would not budge for six years no matter what I tried)
on 13 January 2014
After seeing the amazing difference in my mum I bought this book. I am a complete sceptic about fad diets but I must admit that this book makes so much sense! Haylie Pomroy definitely seems to understand how our bodies work and what it takes to make them feel better! I have done the diet for a week and while i have not lost any weight yet, I feel amazing and have so much more energy. It was surprisingly to go without dairy, carbohydrates, sugar etc and I can honestly say I have not been hungry! If you are looking for a way of eating that is good to your body and makes food work for you - get this book!
on 26 November 2013
Being a mum of a very active toddler I was attracted to this diet as it's focus is not weight loss by calorie controlled dieting... after all I really need to keep my energy levels high and I can't do that on a very low caloric intake. Some people say that her portions are small or that she is giving you very little calories but that just isn't true. Firstly you can eat as much veg (within the permitted list) as you want - that might not appeal to some people but if you get fresh organic produce that actually tastes of something (not the big supermarket stuff!) then it's really enjoyable and filling to load up on veg. Secondly I actually found her portion sizes for some things too big (especially on the first few days) but then I'm not a total carb addict to begin with. Lastly if you follow the diet you are eating something every three hours .... how can anyone be hungry if they are doing that unless they are 'cheating' and eating the wrong types of foods that trigger a high/crash? It's really important to be organised though so you have the right foods on hand when needed (especially the snacks in between which are key to making you feel full all the time I've found).

The actual diet is very prescriptive in what you can and can't eat so it helps to read the book a few weeks before beginning which gives you time to get organised maybe making and freezing some of her suggested recipes in advance and getting a few shopping lists organised. I lined up a few online grocery orders in advance so I knew I'd have things in when I needed them. The more distraction and demands on your time the more organised you'll have to be! Her jerky turkey recipe is truly very tasty, so much so my husband eats my stash just as a snack (he wasn't doing the diet).

Overall though I really was amazed with the results. I lost about 4 pounds a week consistently but more than that they were obviously the 'right' pounds as I looked a lot smaller than my weight would indicate. My skin looked amazing too. By the end of week two there was a big difference in my overall appearance and I was getting loads of compliments. Most importantly though I just felt really good - very 'light' inside, very healthy and not at all hungry.
on 9 April 2015
I had a good goal within 2weeks I lost 5kg. After I was pregnant I was upset and depressed that I have gained about 20kg. Recepies are good. Its worth it. Now I am pregnant again and I can't wait after having my baby in few months I will start this diet again plus I have irritable bowel syndrome which make your stomack upset plus constipated most of the time but after following this diet it ease it
on 28 May 2013
Aug 24th

I wrote the review below back in May. After four weeks I had lost 9LBS (in spite of 1or 2 weekly cheats).The thing I am most delighted about is that since then I have not regained that weight. For 8 of those weeks I was between jobs therefore eating out regulary and having treats. This has been amazing. I eat sensibly most of the time but have still have wine, coffee, cheese, chocolate. Bacon sarnies etc and am still 9 lbs down.

I am about to embark on anorher 4 weeks to lose my last 7lbs. Will add an update in a month or so but am very happy I found this book. One thing I have noticed is that when I do eat 'rubbish' now I really dont enjoy it so my relationship with food has seriously changed.

**********

28 May

Day 3 of week 3 and I've lost 6 lbs. I was hoping for double this but I suppose I only had max 1 stone to lose so a quick fix wasn't going to happen. I've had a few blips - occasional decaf tea and coffee with skimmed milk when REALLY struggling.

To be honest I'm disappointed that I don't feel better in myself after reading the other reviews. Yes I've lost my bloat and my waist is more defined but I'm exhausted and quite faint most of the time and tend to fall asleep after my evening meal - crash!

I make my own spelt bread - which is lovely - and such a pleasure with almond butter on day 5. I made Haylie's Chilli over the weekend and it is gorgeous. I would make that whether on a diet or not. I get through days 3 and 4 by making stew/soup as something warm is more satisfying than meat and salad.

I find days 1 and 2 hard until lunchtime then I'm fine. I suffer from low blood sugar so the lack of protein with breakfast makes me hungry and irritable. After being on low carb diets forever though the fruit is lovely.

The positive is that this is that this the first weight I've managed to lose in 10 years. I lost 1.5 stones 10 years ago on Suzanne Somers. It gradually crept back and no matter what I have done I have not shifted any weight since. So 6 lb is a bonus as I was sceptical. When I think back 10 years I lost around 5 lb in the first week and then nothing for the next 3 weeks or so then the weight did drop off so I think (hope) the same may happen here.

I think for me this has to be a longer term fix and I do worry what will happen if I stop. My diet is pretty healthy anyway in that I haven't eaten processed food for 10 years and always try and eat lots of protein and veg. I do struggle to eat 5 times on days 5, 6 and 7 so I think maybe I don't eat enough? I'm definitely sticking it out for the next week and a half as it would be fatal to stop now.

You have to be organised and cook and freeze meals otherwise you'll give up in the first week. Also the tips to give up caffeine for a week before starting the plan were well received.

[[ASIN:0091948177 The Fast Metabolism Diet: Lose Up to 20 Pounds in 28 Days: Eat More Food & Lose More Weight: Unleash Your Body's Natural Fat-Burning Power and Lose 20lbs in 4 Weeks
on 2 June 2016
I love this book. I am mid 40s and have apparently spent the last few years slowing my metabolism considerably. I tried fasting which worked for a while, and exercise programs including heavy weight lifting (which worked nicely for a year or two). I was eating a high protein and veg diet. I craved sugar and tried to have coconut sugar and “healthy” alternatives. Two months ago to lose weight I had to get down below 1000 kcal a day. At 1500 kcal I would put on weight rapidly. I had reached the point where I was scared to go out for a meal or have a glass of wine because the weight would pile on. One meal and I would wipe out the week of being hungry. I could only eat twice a day or I put on weight. It was so defeating and I was angry about it. This winter I lifted weights, hardly ate anything and put 14 pounds. After reading Hayley’s book I think my hormones were way out of balance.
I am not exaggerating with these figures as I am accomplished at counting calories! 15 years ago I could eat on average 1300-1400 calories a day, exercise a moderate amount, and lose 2 pounds a week comfortably.
I googled “fast metabolism” and this book came up. I started straight away. I had a stone to lose and I lost 8 pounds in the 28 days, which is not a small amount for me, especially considering I wasn’t hungry, was eating five times a day instead of twice, and exercised less. I stuck to the plan and did the recommended exercise three times a week. The first day I had sugar cravings every single minute, no exaggeration. After that day they were considerably diminished, probably due to the high fruit and grains.
On the day I finished the 28 days I went on holiday for a week. I ate out five times that week and the only exercise I did was strolling about town and a few stretches. I stayed mainly on the foods recommended in the plan during the holiday adding a very little French bread, brown and white, and white rice and a little dairy, sunflower oil, potatoes, salad dressings. I stayed almost completely off sugar and I don’t crave it anymore whereas before the plan I would crave it first thing, and after every meal. I am still on stevia and xylitol though. I didn’t stick to the phases on holiday but just mixed everything up. I had lovely pork, chicken and fish meals out. For the first time in I don’t know how many years I did not put weight on during the holiday and I did not count any calories but ate five times a day which was more than I wanted to eat. I am almost in shock that my weight dropped a pound over the week’s holiday. I am a very happy customer.
on 22 September 2013
The vast amount of reading required before one can start the diet is immensley time consuming and off putting.
Am still wading through it, whereas had hoped to be on the diet by now!!
Also many foods and amounts are very American, and some types are unavailable here in U.K
No alternatives given for foods one is unable to eat.
Feel its a bit of a cheat without more personal guidance!