Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 September 2015
I said in a review of another novel that there was a good book to be written about the Greys - and that one wasn't it. This one, on the other hand, was so much better. I'm somewhat fed up of the Tudors constantly being written about, so it was nice to find something about one of the more minor characters. Jane has always come across to me as an unappealing personality - although the treatment meted out to her obviously had a part to play in that. But I also think she was horribly used by men in power and perhaps didn't grasp what was happening. I think that is put across really well in this book. And her two sisters are intriguing characters and very rarely allowed to be a part of the story, so all in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this look at history from a long-neglected angle.
on 5 May 2013
I was disappointed in the book,
Author usually tells a good story, but it took too long to get into story and I felt that I was re-reading previous chapters
on 15 September 2013
Explores the power politics and the personal relationships behind Mary Tudors court on a way which will draw the reader in. A thoroughly enjoyable read.
on 20 May 2016
This isn't a bad novel but it is obvious fiction. It's still a good enough read though. It's an easy enough read but not quiet for history buffs. If your willing to read it for what it is, historical FICTION, then it has enough to keep you reading to the end. I have read better though. I would like to think that the reader who is unfamiliar with this period in history might enjoy it enough to research the actual events of the time.
on 25 June 2015
Great read very interesting ln life of lady grey and how her life ended sadly couldn't put book down fab
on 30 June 2014
This is excellent book it gives you an insight into how jane was just a pawn in men's power games
on 12 May 2013
It took a while for this book to hold my interest but by carrying on I found it was interesting to read about other members of the Tudors.
Also I recently visited Ingatestone Hall which was mentioned in the book.

I would recommend this book to my friends who are interested in historical novels.
on 12 March 2013
I have enjoyed Phillipa Gregory's books and looked for similar authors. I don;t think this is up to that standard but it is interesting as I knew little about Jane and her family. American spelling is rather irritating, and the switch between narrators is confusing if reading is interrupted
on 14 April 2015
I have read several books about Jane but I think this is the best
on 27 October 2016
I really enjoyed this book, far more than the short life of Jane Grey the tale of the three Grey sisters before and after Jane's
Short time on the throne is well told and full of suspense. For a fan of Philips Gregory this is an excellent read.