Customer reviews

Heroes: 100 Poems from the New Generation of War Poets
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 24 November 2011
Many of these poems brought me to tears...such moving and honest accounts from brave soldiers, mums of soldiers and me, a very proud Army wife (page 47). Dont sit there and think 'I dont like poetry' read it for yourself and realise poetry is not just for other people, it can be for you too.
on 28 November 2011
Brilliant thought provoking little book of poems. Written by people who were there. The poems stir the emotions and make you feel what they went through. The pain, the anguish, horror and sometime the futility. Modern poems for everyone. I recommend this book for any age.
on 9 November 2011
A very good approach to bring to our attention what these men and women endure when our politicians decide to send them out.
A must for voters and a Must for all people advocating intervention
on 9 December 2011
Each and every poem tells a moving story of the realities of serving as a member of the forces Each poem stands alone, yet links in to every other poem in the collection...each poem is a personal story of courage, of the conquering of fear, of bravery, of loss and sorrow. It is a journey through a land that most of us will thankfully never travel. Be warned...opening the book at random and reading a poem can reduce one to tears, it is indeed an emotive voyage ...but it is so worth it. ..and the simple title says all. This book is a treasure and I so recommend it.
on 7 January 2012
My Dad bought me this book for Christmas. Its a short book but since then ive got to page 13. Im in the Army and have been for 11 years and have cried at nearly all the poems so far. im finding it really hard going but i love it as it is so true. Im not a poet but these people are my friends, my comrades and they speak from my heart. I hope everyone who reads this book understands and is thankful for all we have done, are doing, and will all ways do. raise a glass
on 29 December 2011
This little book contains poems of various literary quality, but all extremely heart-felt, and moving.A must for any one who wants to understand what soldiers have to endure at the front. Regardless of your opinion of the wars we are engaged in, this book shows the humanity of the young men and women we send out in our name.
on 11 December 2011
I ordered two of these books as presents for friends. I received them very quickly and having read one I decided to keep it for myself and order 4 more for friends. A super little book at a great price and in aid of a brilliant cause!
on 17 December 2011
Bought this book for a Christmas present 2011 - I'm sure it will be very well received. It is a neat compact volume of poems written by a new generation of soldiers who have experienced war conditions.
on 18 December 2011
My copy of Heroes, was delivered in record time, well packed and in excellent order. The content of the book fully reaches my expectation and I would recommend it to anyone with military interest. J.S.
on 16 March 2012
Bought this as a gift for my brother. He was so pleased with it, " ... up there with all the WW1 poets ..." was his comment. So if war poems/poets are your thing, this should be in your collection.