Customer reviews

1,059
How To Be a Woman
Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 July 2017
This is my first book I've read of hers and I'll be sure to read her others. I wanted to scream and argue with her at points and pee myself laughing 90% of the rest. She feels like an old friend who you sit and put the world to rights with. Hilarious!
on 25 September 2017
Overall I really enjoyed this. An interesting perspective of feminism and lots of witty humour. Wasn't keen on the structure skipping randomly between childhood memories and present day. The bit slagging off Katie Price was also unnecessary and mean.
on 6 August 2017
Great - thanks very much! Promptly delivered, specifications just as advertised and packed very properly.
on 27 October 2017
Funny rude clever and always entertaining. Perfect for an eighteen year old girl
on 19 April 2017
Totally hilarious.
Agree with others that majority of the shouty caps-locks are unnecessary. She's such a fantastic writer, she needn't rely at all on formatting.
on 30 October 2017
A good read with lots of common sense.
on 20 January 2013
I bought this after hearing so many people saying how great it was, but like anything that is supposedly great, you end up with the highest expectations.
It is humorous, very honest and witty. There are lots of throw backs which make you say "God yeah, I thought/did that when I was young", but towards the end of the book I started to skip parts.
I would recommend to others but for now it's sitting on the coffee table waiting for a day when I decide I am ready to pick it up and read it with fresh eyes.
on 30 September 2017
Much enjoyed! I read this book and gave it to most of my female friends!
on 13 January 2013
I do not read a lot of books but I found this so easy read, it had good pace was funny, and, I could see a few of the females I know, in the book. At times I laughed out loud and at other times I winced at the thought of the pain, but still laughed at the way it was portrayed. I would recommend this book to male and female friends.
on 31 March 2017
Interesting reading. Especially the first part of the book is brilliant and really funny. Some memorable stories about 70s from a feminist point of view