Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

1,038
Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 June 2012
I really enjoyed this book. It took a while for me to get round to reading it because it had mixed reviews, but after seeing Caitlin on TV I decided it was time to read her book. All women should read this book and really men should too. Moran champions feminism for our generation with humour and realism that goes a long way to shake the image of all feminists being hairy-legged man-haters. A great read, I found myself shouting out loud as I read it "this is so true!" I have passed it on to my 16 year old daughter to read, as I want her to embrace her strident feminist side too.
on 4 March 2012
Like Marmite, readers will either love Caitlin Moran and her sense of humour, or hate it, and I for one loved it!!! I literally laughed out loud through almost every page, Caitlin is brutally honest about what it takes to become a woman, shocking and vulgar but so true and so funny!!! I laughed so hard I cried,and I couldn't breathe to explain to the other half what I was laughing at, I recommend this book to any woman, it will make you realize how normal you are, Caitlin is a different generation to me entirely but I could still relate. I am sure I will read this again.
on 4 June 2015
A brilliant, witty book which challenges the stereotypes of feminism.
on 19 October 2015
Very amusing I suspect primarily aimed at women I found it very funny
on 10 December 2012
I was given this for my birthday by a (male) friend who said it was a really good read and funny. I've gotten to the part where she urges me to taste my own menstrual blood and, as the dragons say, I'm out. Unfunny, disgusting in parts and a constant hectoring tone about what I SHOULD do don't make for good or funny. And the constant CAPITALS are also annoying. It isn't very often I give up on a book but this makes a very short list of those I will never finish. One for the charity shop.
on 14 July 2011
Finally, someone admits Feminism is not a dirty word! Loved every word of this book, Caitlin Moran hits the nail on the head for me about so many of the points she raises about being a woman today. She is engaging and amusing about this topic and about her life so far and I would love to read more of her thoughts - without obviously paying Murdoch to read The Times for her column! Essential reading for anyone who declares that feminism is not relevant or any woman who states that they are not a feminist - if you went to school, have ever voted or can drive a car, then you should be a feminist!
on 29 July 2012
Honestly, this book was the most amazing book I have ever read. My aunty recommended it to me and I was a little hesitant at first because of the title, but I thought what the hell, never judge a book by it's title, so I read it. I was at a really cr*ppy part of my life and it helped me so so much I saw the world through different eyes. In fact, I might go and read it again. READ IT PEOPLE!!! (also for guys - my uncle has read it and he's "manly" and said that it really did make him think about certain things in a different way).
on 21 September 2014
Amazing book, I laughed out loud so maybe not a read for the bus :)
on 1 May 2015
Hilarious. As the book reviews say - every woman should read this!
on 3 March 2012
I am only half way through, but this is brilliant! I am rarely one to laugh out loud at comedy or literature, but this has had me giggling like an adolescent. It is so easy for someone of my generation(50) to relate to, the truth in it almost makes you want to squim with embarassment at the memories it evokes! Can't wait to finish it - to lend it to my sister! Caitlin Moran makes the subject of feminism something to feel we should embrace- with a smile!