on 15 November 2013
It was the poem about the little dog on Page 96 that made me buy it. It reduced me to tears because we have a little dog that fits the bill (not dead thank goodness). I saw a write up in the Telegraph and that is what made me immediately buy the book. Just wish I could contact Pam Ayres to say how much I loved it.
11 Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 April 2016
The book was received earlier than expected, well wrapped and though advertised as used and in excellent condition it appeared to be like new. All this for just £0.01! Plus reasonable postage.
I am not a great reader of Pam Aryes but having seen the book in a garden centre thought it worth a read because it made me laugh, but was not worth (to me) the new price of nearly £8.00. Some of the poems and writings are poignant and even sad but movingly emotional. Others are really funny and unusually for me, made me laugh out loud. All are written from a real life perspective and most readers will relate to many of the situations referred to. A really good read throughout, and you will find yourself reading out your favourites to your friends and loved ones. I will happily pass the book on now I've read it with the knowledge that it will be appreciated
on 25 April 2014
Content: M-I-L has read it cover to cover at least four times in the last three weeks, and delights in reading bits out to us. It produces excessive giggling. Clearly an excellent source of amusement if you don't take the word "poetry" too seriously - Pam is successfully trying to entertain rather than make life-changing statements!

Condition: Although this one was being sold as used, the lovely smell of a new book was still evident and the pages were still tightly bound as if being turned for the first time. No marks, tears, creases or dog-ears anywhere. Perfect. Good as new for a bargain price - this is the way to buy books.
on 11 January 2014
I bought this for my mum - we are both long standing fans of Pam and her hilarious rhymes. Particularly fond of "did I turn off my tongs?". I bookmarked this particular ditty for my mum after being asked to call at her house on numerous occasions to check if she had indeed turned of her own tongs before leaving the house. There will be thousands of women out there who will relate to this particular tale - I guarantee! As always, a fabulous assortment of poems, all witty and light-hearted. A |real treat, guaranteeing a chuckle on these long winter nights.
on 4 March 2014
I bought this after hearing two of the poems on Radio 4. The title poem, "You made me late again" is a moan of my son about his wife, and "A September Song" is just how my Wife and I felt when we left him at University. I bought them a copy as well as my own. All the poems are funny, full of well observed insights, some sad, but all good.
on 15 May 2014
I must admit that I was a 'little' disappointed in Pam's latest book. Hard backed, it is a little dull looking and not that inviting; it could have had a colourful sleeve on it, like the one illustrated??? Her poems seem to have lost a little of what would have once me in stitches. Having said that, it's not that bad and I refer to it often.
on 31 December 2013
Had the pleasure of seeing Pam Ayres at a local book "launch" in December; she had a capacity audience in stitches for the
duration of her presentation, which was about an hour. She prefers to learn her poems by heart, before delivering to an
audience, and a number of the poems came from her new book. So I was determined to get a copy (but not on the night); and
I was not disappointed with her latest offerings - the poems make you smile, even if she is not reading them!
on 27 March 2017
Pam Ayres is very good with words in poetry it is the way she says them and what simple situations can make one laugh
on 27 December 2017
a great gift gratefully recieved by a family member
on 17 November 2017
My daughter will enjoy this for Christmas