Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 7 September 2014
Just finished this book and really enjoyed it. Some parts really made me laugh to the extent that I repeated them to other people. Was also nice comparing to experiences from my own childhood. Only downside was that it is childhood/early adulthood memoir and as a result doesn't cover when Jason became famous or any anecdotes from this time which I would have liked to read. This did not take away from my enjoyment of the book however. In short this is quite a heartwarming book that I would recommend.
on 18 October 2011
Jason doesn't disappoint with this 'laugh out loud' funny book crammed full of anecdotes of his misspent youth. It doesn't quite draw a parallel with my own (thank goodness), but his references to 80's and 90's Northern working-class family struggles, fashions, priorities and suchlike are absolutely 'bob on!' It was pretty much 'unputdownable' and I had it wrapped within a week ... a cracker of a read for Northern, Jason, Comedy lovers!
on 18 December 2014
I love this guy as a comedian and was looking forward to seeing his humour in words. I wasn't dissapointed. As story telling goes Jason is a natural and had me laughing out loud. I was on the verge of giving it 5 stars towards the end of the book. Then why didn't I? The end made me sad. It was as if someone had ripped a few chapters out. It skipped many years. Years that I would have thought were important. His rise to national public fame as a top comedian, his stage career, television career, getting married, having the twins, and even maybe his ahem indiscretions. Still a good read though.
on 8 November 2011
This awesome autobiography had me in tears of laughter, the stories (and the pictures) were hilarious. Would recommend this book for a good read and a good laugh too!
on 5 December 2014
Where is the actual story of Jason's rise to fame
This book has no depth, no real engaging storey telling. 70% covers in an erratic and not terribly entertaining way, Jasons childhood and first attempts at stand up. Then all of a sudden, he's married with twins, a pregnant wife, and it ends. Compared to John Bishop, Michael Mckintyre and Johnny Vegas, this book doesn't stand up at all in interesting entertainment. Obviously left room for the next book , which is ridiculous as this attempt desperately needed more content, less padding. Disappointing
on 4 October 2011
Do you enjoy reminiscent anecdotes? Are you a fan of laughter? Is it important for you to connect with the author of a book?

If you've answered 'yes' to the above three questions, then I can delightfully ensure you that you've landed on the right book. 'Brung Up Proper' takes us through Manford's childhood during the '80s and '90s, bringing us through to the formation of his career as a comedian, weaving a few digressions to his present day life at appropriate intervals.

Manford writes in such a style that we can all understand; it's informal, laid back, the use of colloquialisms keeping reader and author level. To reflect upon the fact that Jason is of human species, you should expect to find one or two slightly deeper tales across the years, however the majority of the words are constructed on a foundation of hilarity.

Delightful in appearance and content, Brung Up Proper is without a doubt one autobiography you cannot let bypass your life. With each page turn you'll find the tears of laughter increasing, with contemplation induced through inspirational quotes along the way. Once it's in your hands you won't want to put it down; Brung Up Proper is the must-read of the year!
on 6 November 2011
Fantastic book, a great laugh and very heart warming. Bought this book as im seeing him live soon and wanted to know more about the man behind the jokes, and wasnt disappointed, some brilliant stories aswell as some really sad moments, deffo a 5* rating xx
on 14 September 2015
Oh my God, this book is funny. I had to google who he was as never heard of him just liked the idea of nostalgically reading about being poor and northern in the 80s. But I never stopped laughing and have told so many people to buy it. This copy is for my sister.... Also like to add bought through the market place and only paid 1p plus postage and the book looks brand new so top marks seller!!
on 9 December 2011
Jason Manford's book gives a great insight into how he became a comedian, as well as memories from growing up. Being a northerner myself I recognised a lot of the places he's visited, and I'm able to relate to the stories. The anecdotes that Jason Manford speaks about in his book had me laughing out loud, and others brought a tear to my eye. It's one of the best autobiographies I've read because there are serious stories as well as comedy which makes the book a delightful read. I really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down, think I read it in about a week! Now my mum, dad and grandad are wanting to read it now I've finished it! It's simply a wonderful read.
on 30 March 2015
l loved this book purely because it was nostalgic for the 70's I have rarely seen Jason Manford but believe he is a good comic I read it after reading Alan Carr's autobiography it didn't compare as Alan's upbringing was more middle class but Jason's book was equally funny I think his parents were hysterical it has it all from his first paper round to his first sexual encounter well worth a read