on 5 May 2017
Love this author. Very useful book!
on 2 May 2017
Totally OK.
on 28 April 2017
I wish I had read the reviews... don't buy the Kindle version because the hands are extremely difficult to read.
on 19 September 2015
Excellent content - great, easy to use ideas.

I bought this based on my good experience of the 1995 version "100 tips...." which was fantastic.

But one thing I was surprised/disappointed by is the physical characteristics of the book - it is SMALL and the print is all black & white, in quite a small font. On the one hand, this is useful for carrying around, but I was expecting something like the old version I have -- full colour etc, in a larger format.

Of course, the dimensions are as listed on Amazon, so it's my fault for not noticing. And once you get into the tips, the quality of the advice comes out.
on 14 May 2016
You need to be an quite an experienced player to get the best out of this book. The tips are all very useful and make you think. It's just that the layout of the book could be better - some of the tips go over on to a second page but with only half a dozen lines on it. These wasted spaces could have been used more efficiently by having a larger font. I don't think it's necessary to have each tip starting on a new page.
on 26 July 2010
my wife loves her bridge. bought this for my wife , now she loves this book. takes it everywhere with her, brings it out and shows all her friends. she says its the best bridge book she has ever seen. shes happy so i 'm happy. shes reading one tip every day and says it shows just her how to do everything. if you want to make your bridge wife or husband happy this is the way!!!
on 13 February 2014
The Kindle version of this otherwise excellent book is virtually unreadable. The hand diagrams are included as graphics and therefore don't enlarge with the font. That wouldn't be so bad if they were a readable size in the first place. They are not: they are tiny. Unless and until this is fixed this book (in it's Kindle edition) gets a one-star rating. Don't buy it, buy the print version (which I would probably rate 4 or 5 stars based on the Kindle sample)

Edit: OK I bought the paperback edition and that is a definite 5* for Acol players, at least four-and-a-half for Precision players, too - most of the tips still apply :)
on 17 July 2011
I am an unashamed fan of this writer and buy everything he writes.These tips are very useful and deserve a wide audience of both the inexperienced and more advanced player. Written with both clarity and wit. Highly recommended
on 27 July 2010
This title is up to paul's usual high standards.Although a book of this type could always find additional tips to include,nevertheless the wealth of information present cannot fail to improve your standard of play.
on 30 August 2013
Having started to play duplicate bridge again after a 25 year lapse I found the 121 tips very interesting but knew that I would not remember all of them. Bought a copy to enable me to get up to date with the changes in bidding systems and to learn from an expert over a short period of time and it works well for me.