Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 15 March 2011
The Secret Diary of a New Mum (aged 43 1/4) was a fantastic read. It had me crying with laughter in places (last time that happened was when I read the first Bridget Jones book). I could relate to so many of the issues brought up in the book, including the paranoia pregnancy brings, unpredictable children and the inappropriate things they do and say, 70s trouser suits from C&A right through to why we always buy tea lights and serviettes from IKEA no matter what you went in there for! A brilliant read and well worth ignoring the family for so you can read it!!!!!!!
on 18 March 2011
A brilliant book - somehow manages to combine hilarity and honesty in one hit. Couldn't put it down! Laughed so loud woke up son (aged 2) in next door room. Wholeheartedly recommend this to mums of all ages! Look forward to the sequel.
on 18 March 2011
Clever and witty - couldn't stop laughing. What a great take on life. I may be younger but still related to so much in this book. I haven't enjoyed a read as much as this in a long time. A must read for all!!
on 10 September 2015
I was very interested in this memoir. I had my babies in my mid-twenties but both my siblings were in their early forties, so it really resonated with me - though not because of the age thing, but because Cari Rosen describes so perfectly, and often excruciatingly, what it is actually like to have a baby. There is a lot you aren't told when you're expecting, and I think it is probably a good thing. I also think this is best read once you're over the worst and able to look back and laugh! It's heart-warming and funny; a lovely book about the impact of babies that made me think it all went too fast.
on 19 April 2012
i love books about mums and new babies but this took me ages to get into and i couldn't relate to it at all, probably the fact that its based on older mothers i imagine. read few chapters then im afraid it went in the charity box
on 20 December 2015
Hilarious. The book brought back those memories of being pregnant in a funny way. I laughed out loud on the train - I forgot where I was when reading the book. A real pick -me up reader. Worth every penny. Fantastic.
on 5 February 2011
What a great read. Had me laughing out loud. Cari articulates things so many new mothers feel regardless of their age.
on 13 February 2015
Really enjoyed this so much. It was very funny and resonant (I am an older mum myself). It was also very touching about the joys and complexities of having a child.
on 19 August 2014
A wonderfully funny, honest, no frills account of new motherhood (much of which applies to any new mum, regardless of age). Un-putdownable and reassuringly real.
on 25 May 2013
Being an old mum too, I can identify with all this! Cari had me laughing out loud! Read it very fast too. Sanity resumed.