on 25 February 2010
I brought this book after reading the Jools Oliver one and Mylene Klass's book. I really enjoyed it and found it to be an honest and sometimes very amusing account of her journey into motherhood, with stories of birth and how she overcame sleep problems with her first daughter. I didn't think it was as good as Jools Oliver's book as that had a lot more tips and advice, but I still really enjoyed reading this book, and unlike the Mylene Klass book Tess didn't just bark on about how hard it is jetting around the world on photoshoots and being photographed for magazines, it was a lot more honest considering she is a celeb mum. The pictures inside are lovely, the only bad thing I can say is that a lot of the photo's of her daughters just show the back of their heads, which is probably to protect their privacy but being a bit nosy I wanted to nose at her kids lol! I'd buy this if you would like to read a light-hearted and honest acoount of pregnancy and birth and pick up a few tips along the way! I'd recommend it. =)
on 25 March 2010
I was given this book as a present & I've got to say I'm really impressed by it. It's a beautifully published with lovely pictures, but clearly that isn't going to completely carry a book. The content is very informative, laugh out loud funny at times & written in a lovely style. I've never particularly had an opinion on Tess Daly, though I do love Strictly, but this book is a credit to her & I've certainly warmed to her through reading it.

Inevitably this book will be compared to Jools Olivers, they are published by the same company and are similar in style & obviously content! I enjoyed Jool's book a lot but preferred Tess's. I think it's more informative & set out in a clearer, better structured way. I also warmed more to her as a person (how many times does Jools Oliver say 'this really isn't like me but I threw a wobbly'?!). But maybe that's mean, they are both good books and of course pregnancy & birth are very personal experiences.

I'd definately recommend this to anyone who is going through pregnancy or trying to conceive, it would be a lovely pressie for a new mum too.
on 12 May 2010
A really nice read, helps new mums to see that we all have our worries and concerns about our little ones.
Gives you a personal insight into the Daly/Kay family on their journey from 2 to 4.

If you are pregnant and considering buying this book, then Myleene Klass' My Bump and Me is probably for you as well.

Both really enjoyable, can't put down books.
on 11 January 2011
A colleague lent me this book, raving about it. I found it absolutely unreadable. The writing style is awful, really childish and I just could not be bothered to read it. It's a good job that Tess's lines are written for her - she is about as entertaining as a burst balloon.
on 4 July 2013
This book was alright but compared to the similar book by Jools Oliver, didn't give as many useful tips that I could take away and Is not quite as down to earth as Jools' book. It is however beautifully presented with lovely pictures.
on 6 May 2011
I really enjoyed this book, it is well written and has lots of hints and tips but in a nice, easy to read format. Would recommend. A good addition to the many pregnancy books I have been reading!
on 12 June 2014
This book is really good for dipping in and out of at different weeks - not a big heavy read at all. Also as Tess had a c sec and a natural birth it's good to read about both experiences.
on 19 April 2012
i didnt like this book at all, i read myleene klass' baby book and jools oliver's and they were fab! but tess' was a bit strange, she just goes on about her life and how she had to have a nanny at night as she was so tired and her jet set life abroad etc and its completely ridiculous as shes meant to be relating to the general public of 'new mothers'. i mean we'd all like a night nanny but were not millionaires
on 12 September 2010
I liked this book, lots of useful advice and tips but I did prefer the Jools Oliver book more for her style of writing and humour.
on 27 May 2010
... her accounts just didn't strike the same chord with me as Jools Oliver's book. I found it rather tedious, chronologically it was all wrong (which surely is the basic premise of a diary) and quite frankly dull. There's some nice pictures in it and it's a handsome book but I wouldn't recommend you waste your precious free-time either before or after baby's here reading it