Customer reviews

on 27 August 2016
At 20 months, my little boy went through a funny phase where he would only eat red things. I'm not even kidding. We went to Spain for a week and it must have upset him and for 2 of the days while we were there, he survived only on strawberries or tomatoes! This continued when we got home too and I started to panic a little. I had had so much success with the contented little baby routines that I decided to buy Gina Ford's Top Tips for Fussy Eaters. Safe to say I now have a happy, healthy 3 year old who will eat ANYTHING I put down to him (apart from eggs!). Would definitely recommend.
on 14 February 2011
I was going through a difficult stage with my son's fussy eating and because of the reviews purchased this book. However it has the same information about mealtimes as the numerous other cookbooks that I have. Annabel Karmel has almost the exactly same tips.

This book has case scenarios which the other cookbooks don't have, however only one scenario fitted my son and there was no direct tips for the problems. There are only a few recipes but for basic things like tomamto sauce for pizza etc. For this same money I have actually bought children's cookbooks with over 100 receipes and the same info on mealtime tips for encouraging children to eat.

If you have any children's cookbook and haven't read the feeding chapters that give help and advice I would recommend that you read those chapters instead of buying this book and put the money towards something useful such as a snazzy tablecloth which made an actual difference to our mealtimes.
on 18 May 2010
This book should be owned by all parents with toddlers! The advice here, as in all of Gina Ford's other books, is simple and no-nonsense. Time and again other parents say to me "your kids eat so well", and I have to admit that it's all down to Gina's fantastic advice. It's common sense, really, keep snacks small, keep meals home cooked and, of course, have a good set routine! Sounds simple, but you'd be surprised at how many parents I know just don't do it!!!

The Case Study's really make this book and there's also some great recipes, as well as a FAQ section . The smaller format is great too, for dipping in and out of when time is short.

I can't recommend this book highly enough!!!
on 13 March 2011
My middle son Kai has always been a fussy eater, and being a fan of Gina's methods, I bought this book. The tips are excellent, and make sense. The case studies cover a wide array of problems, and are informative and useful. Within a couple of weeks, Kai had added more than half a dozen new foods to his repertoire, and meal times were less of a battle. More than anything I suppose, I became more relaxed after reading it. I took Gina's advice to relax and not worry, and even this attitude, seemed to make a difference. Highly recommended.
on 30 July 2011
The book is all pretty much common sense, and if you've read anything at all on the subject you will not find anything ground breaking inside
on 12 December 2012
lots of helpful advice how to deal with the problem of fussy eating habits, one of the best I read on the subject
on 17 January 2016