TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 December 2015
Delia Smith CBE is an English cook, known for her thorough teaching of basic cookery skills in a no-nonsense style. She is deservedly the UK's best-selling cookery author, with more than 21 million books sold to date, and with this updated Christmas book you can see why. Although that said, I have several of her books and they are all excellent. Today there are many people presenting cooking programmes on TV and writing cookery books, in addition, we even have several TV cooking channels and numerous recipe/food web sites, Delia's being one of them. But for me as a home cook you just can’t beat Delia's books because her recipes always work, and I'm speaking from over 35 years experience of making her dishes. Admittedly some of them can be time consuming, but they are always worth the time and extra effort.

This Christmas book doesn’t disappoint, and it has brought us right up to date from the original book first published in 1990. There are so many excellent recipes and entertaining ideas with lots of hints and preparation tips, which will be particularly handy for the new generation that Delia refers to, who haven’t cooked Christmas dinner before. I have previously bought Delia’s complete cookery book for several younger members of the family and they all love it and have found it invaluable. And even though they have other cookery books, it's a book they always return to time and time again. And I know I'll be doing the same with this Christmas book.

If like me, you like to shop online there are lots of great sites listed for your Christmas essentials. There are 100 new Christmas recipes added to this book and I think they are totally characteristic of Delia’s excellent style. Plenty of things have changed in the two decades since the first book was published and the new recipes reflect that. There's also a lot more party food, and more choices of main courses and the now essential vegetarian dishes. There's even some great suggestions on what to do with left overs.

This is a glossy book with high production values but unfortunately there isn't a picture of every dish, but I’m nitpicking here. This new book is great, really inspiring, and makes me feel totally secure and equipped to cope with any type of Christmas catering. I would have no hesitation in recommending this or any other Delia Smith book, because in general terms they really are all you need and are often the best place to start.
on 16 June 2014
Delia's Happy Christmas
Delia Smith
Another brilliant cook book added to my collection. It was a bargain. :-)
Delia's Happy Christmas
Delia Smith
on 2 June 2017
I am really pleased with this book. Interesting recipes and so easy to follow. Would definitely recommend.
on 15 October 2015
Delia's great the book is big..
on 29 November 2013
Love Christmas, love Delia. As usual Delia takes you through the process easily and with some good ideas. Heston she's not but most of us want traditional at Christmas
on 27 October 2009
Joy to the World. I was really looking forward to my new Delia Happy Christmas book and it doesnt disappoint. I have the original Christmas book too so was probably wondering at first, like others, would this be much different? Well Delia has really managed to ring the changes with this one, and it has brought us right up to date. It looks very elegant, very cool, calm and collected. This is one book to have with you before, during and probably after Christmas too, so many excellent entertaining recipes and ideas. New and old recipes, classic favourites and new twists all in one place. Lots of hints and preparation tips which will be particularly handy for the generation that Delia refers to, who havent cooked Christmas dinner before (and still a good reminder to those of us who have, many times!). I love the armchair shopping section too - if like me, you like to shop online, lots of great sites for your Christmas essentials.
Christmas just isnt Christmas without some of Delia's mums sausage rolls, hot from the oven, so do yourself a favour and make up a batch soon, grab a pad and pen and relax and plan your festivities. Cheers!
on 30 January 2016
Great book, love the recipes, good pictures.
on 29 April 2017
Amazing book!!!
on 5 March 2017
tutto ok
on 16 January 2013
Great book, I bought it in 2009 and use it every year, great book, easy to understand and they work