Customer reviews

on 9 May 2017
If you're looking for an easy, no effort, fix this isn't the book for you. It took effort but doesn't all the best healing come from within? sometimes I didn't feel like I had anything left to give, but i stuck with it and this book put me back in control by showing me clearly how i could challenge all the crap that circled around my brain on a daily basis for a long long time. Brilliant and trustworthy. Thanks!
on 3 September 2017
Great product
on 11 March 2017
It's great but requires full time commitment to following instructions
on 7 August 2013
What it great about this book is the way Dr Burns outlines the way panic attacks happen and then gives specific techniques for working with them.

I love this book. Its a real life changer. I now use the Mood Log technique virtually every day. There are lots of other techniques in the book, but to be honest and haven't gone much past the first 150 pages or so and I have not needed to. I have got what I need for now (and am delighted with it) maybe I will look at the other bits of the book later.

The When Panic Attacks is thorough and in-depth and that makes it quite long. My suggestion is to start using the Mood Log before reading the rest of the book (or scan through the rest of it to see what grabs you) otherwise maybe too easy to get lost in the details.

The wife stuck this book in front of my nose while we were in a bookshop in London. "Maybe - just a suggestion - that you could read a little bit of this,", she said in her very polite Japanese way. I am so glad she did as I bought it on the spot and it has helped me change my thinking in a fundamental way. I have now bought one on Amazon to send to a close relative as I figure she needs it too.
---
William Fergus Martin, Author
Forgiveness is Power: A User's Guide to Why and How to Forgive
Kindle Version
Forgiveness is Power: A User's Guide to Why and How to Forgive
on 23 November 2006
This is another fantastic book from Dr Burns. This book is really great for suffers of all anxiety disorders, as it concentrates specifically on the spectrum of anxiety disorders, rather than depression which is covered in detail in his previous book, 'The feeling good handbook'.

If you follow the steps in this book, it will be hard not to get better - you really need to make the commitment to doing the exercises, which can be hard without the support of a therapist. But if you are this book will change your life.

Whats also great is that Dr Burns backs up his statements with proper scientifc facts and research. He puts the focus on getting better directly in the responsibility of the patient - theres no parent blaming, victim mentality here - just the opportunity to make real changes for the better. He makes it clear theres no magic wand or pill to recovery - but if you work at it you can recover and lead a fullfilling life.
on 26 October 2013
This book offers a great insight into the root causes of anxiety and panic attacks. In addition there are lots of different exercises and techniques to do in order to resolve your issues. If you suffer from fear, anxiety or even depression, this book is for you. It is also a good book for anyone who works or lives with people suffering from anxiety. It is simple, uncomplicated and easy to understand and follow. Extremely engaging. I couldn't put it down!
on 25 March 2014
If you want a writing style and approach that is more readable for someone with a scientific mind, this is the one. It is still geared at the public at large, of course, but the text is less patronising, pseudosciency and soppy than other's I've read. So it's good!
on 27 October 2015
I bought it when I was having several panic attacks a week. Book really really helped me to get out of a vicious cycle I had got myself into. I also have 5 sessions with a CBT therapist and I am doing much better. Feel a lot less stressed and feel much less afraid of having a panic attack. Not a miracle cure but a fantastic tool to help tackle anxiety. Would recommend!
on 22 July 2015
I Loved This Book For The Long Term Relief Of Panic Attacks But This Video Revealed One Weird Trick My Therapist Taught Me To Quickly Cure Panic Attacks And Anxiety In Less Than 60 Seconds - Guaranteed!! [...]
on 16 February 2015
Very informative. A useful tool to understand what a panic attack actually is and what to do about it. It really helped me.