on 2 August 2016
I'd tried EVERYTHING to get my toddler to sleep through the night. He used to wake up every 2 hours. He now only wakes up once and my baby has slept through from around 6/7 weeks😃 Thank you G!
on 12 April 2017
Exactly what I expected
on 12 January 2013
Really great book. Stern, but fair, and I like to use it with the kids. Helps a lot. Easier to organise your day with the kids
on 21 April 2015
Very fast postage and loved the book!!
on 20 May 2017
I already have the contended baby book so was hoping for a little more guidance with my baby's routine to include school runs. Sadly this book doesn't really give you much to help and the routines are almost identical to the contended baby book so I've donated it to a friend and I've continued to use my old book.
on 24 July 2012
I found this book so unrealistic. It suggests feed times through day and you have to read quite a way in before you realise the baby is allowed a feed through the night, which is fine for bottle fed babies, however, mums are advised to breast feed on the babies demand. Not to mention the fact it is well known breast fed babies generally take longer to sleep through the night. The book also instructs you to feed, put baby for nap ect at specific times but it doesn't tell you or give any tips on how to do this, so if baby doesn't settle, there is no help as to how you should settle baby. I didnt find that it gave much advise on toddler, very basic stuff like give snack or make sure you have an activity for toddler to do. Any mum with a toddler would have already thought of that. I am sure this works for some people but it just made me feel like I was failing with statements such as "my babies dont cry for more than an hour a day." I found the baby whisperer much more helpful and gives great tips but allows some flexibility allowing you to structure your day rather than gina structuring it for you!
on 16 November 2013
An extremely practical book, with really helpful advice - trying to juggle the needs of baby and toddler is not easy, particularly in the early days, but this book is like having an extra pair of hands! There is light at the end of the tunnel!
on 26 June 2017
Very useful book to help prepare for a newborn and toddler
on 20 September 2013
I purchased this used book from SourceMediaUK and the condition of this book was almost new. There were no marks or creased on the paper cover iam very impressed and very pleased for the price I paid on Amazon.
on 11 November 2015
Disappointing if you already own the Contented Baby book - there is very little that's new or different to help you juggle 2 children, it's more a re-hash of everything that's in the original book with a few obvious suggestions around occupying your first child while feeding the second. I was hoping for specific detailed routines to show how I could e.g. manage 2 bath times, but didn't find this book added anything the first didn't. By the way I thought the first was extremely useful (if a little over the top/patronising/control freaky in some parts), and I constantly referred to the routines to figure out roughly how often baby should be eating, sleeping, playing etc which was a massive help in quickly working out why baby was crying - so if you don't have the first book this will definitely be a help - but frankly you might as well just buy the first one! Be aware that the Gina routines are pretty ambitious for most babies/mums and I have lots of friends who found the book actually discouraging (it made them feel like they were failing if they were unable to achieve 4-hourly schedules by 6 weeks!!); personally I used it as a good reference point to know what I was aiming towards and trouble shoot, rather than a rigid set of instructions my baby needed to be trained into following :)