Top positive review
8 people found this helpful
A good guide that leverages technology to free time - if you're an entrepreneur.
on 18 August 2017
Read these Q and A first:
1. Are you a 9-5 worker in a service industry that REQUIRES you to be at your desk and are you looking to manipulate your existing job? If the answer is "yes", this book is not aimed at you and it is not worth buying at any price. Go join a Yoga school or learn to meditate.
2. Are you a 9-5 worker in a service industry, etc and are looking for a way to change your life, this book MIGHT inspire you, but it's not going to change your life in a couple of months. You are going to have to work hard to make the transition to the world Tim lives in.
3. Are you a 9-5 worker in a service industry, etc but have ideas for starting your own businesses and have been unable to sustain the effort, or just bogged down in the management? Yes? Then a lot of this book will be of use to you and you will probably benefit from reading it.
4. Are you a struggling business owner who seems to spend most of their time working? Yes? Then most of this book will be of use to you.
5. Are you an Entrepreneur looking for a guide on working smarter and being more hands off? BUY THIS BOOK, you are the TARGET audience.
There are good solid ideas (for entrepreneurs who want smarter management of their time) in this book, so if time is what you lack, better find some to read it.
Tim Ferriss is prolific, his business these days seems primarily to be making money out of telling people how to make money and being a life coach. That's fine, he's allowed to do that, it's money for old rope, buy this book knowing that ahead of time (and indeed ANY self-help book).