on 19 January 2012
I am an owner of a NOWZAD rescue from Afghanistan and thanks to Pen Farthing, and all those who work so hard behind the scenes, many of these animals now have a safer life away from war and disease. This charity truly works so hard to help reunite soldiers with their new found friends who help them through so much while serving over there in such difficult circumstances. To read these books will give you a true experience of compassion against the odds. My dog, who made it out from Helmand, is testimony to their hard work and devotion and by buying this book, and spreading the word, we all can help NOWZAD to continue their work.
nowzad.com
One person found this helpful
on 1 March 2013
This guy has made such a huge difference to the lives of so many dogs that have been treated appallingly in Afghanistan, when asked why he saved dogs not people I could have replied people can save themselves, we are given free will animals do not have that, thank goodness there are people like Pen Farthing out there, this book taught me a lot about the conflict out there ,about the people and the different attitude to animals around the globe . These dogs save many lives yet if it wasn't for people like Pen Farthing they would just be cast aside like trash. So keep up the great work you are doing sir.
on 9 October 2013
I am not a big book reader, and normally a soppy romantic novel type of person, but a friend showed me the Nowzad charity on her facebook page and I felt compelled to read the story behind it being a dog lover. Well I could not put the book down, wanting to know what happened to the dogs and how the marines were living in their compound. I had no idea our marines were and are living like that in Afghanistan and to think as well as trying to keep themselves and the local people safe they had compassion for man's best friend the dog. Pen, his wife, Lisa and everybody who has helped them are truly wonderful, thoughful and compassionate people. The minute I finished this book I downloaded Pen's next book! This book is well written, has humour, personal thoughts, sad and happy moments!
on 11 December 2010
I bought this book for my mum who is a big animal lover but not a big reader, once she began reading she soon told me she couldn't put this book down! Pen Farthing is a great writer and really sets the scenes for you, his descriptions are fantastic.
This book really pulls at your heartstrings and although sad at times (there will be tears!) it's a great story about a man doing good and changing lives. Fantastic read, can't wait to read the follow up.
on 11 March 2018
Another lovely touching book by Pen Feather.
on 9 May 2018
Bought as a present. Recipient very happy
on 26 July 2012
I wish whenever I hear some{ usually} religious person say that they do not like animals that they remember that they eat , wear, or sit on millions of them and many dogs help those of us not as physically fit as we once were and the dog is our saviour. Pen Farthing I hope many people donate to your dog/cat rescue.
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 9 January 2015
I ordered this book having heard about Pen Farthing while listening to my radio. I am still in the process of reading it but am very happy with the book and its condition.
on 27 January 2016
Wonderful book written by the founder of the Nowzad charity in Afghanistan.........saving dogs. Some of tge cost of this book goes to the charity.....win win!
on 29 May 2017