on 9 June 2017
What a brilliant account of a hard working and very special man. Strictly Come Dancing will not be the same without you. All the best Len, thanks for the insight into the world of Ballroom and Latin . My husband thought you were' Mr Technique, 'and so was he. Your book shows the ups and downs of the dancing world and what a hard life it can be in the early years ,and the later years too. All too quickly the rug can be pulled from under your feet, but you pick yourself up and carry on. This book is an inspiration and I didn't want it to stop. Thankyou. Mrs Dorothy Matthews
on 25 January 2014
Len has a very natural, interesting way of telling you, the reader, the up, and downs of his life. He was lucky that his parents worked hard, looked after him so well, even buying him a new car when he first learnt to drive, made you think, Lucky Len! A brilliant book!
Good reading
on 2 April 2017
veryt good
on 3 March 2017
A great read which I really enjoyed. What an uplifting book.
on 15 September 2008
This book Waltz's you through Len Goodman's life and you get to know the man behind the judge. Even if you are not a fan of Strictly Come Dancing you will still like the book because it also gives the reader an insight into growing up in the East End and Len Goodman comes across as a very witty likeable and affable gentleman. I found myself laughing out loud on many occasion much to the amusement of my fellow train passengers! I don't know if I will ever be able to eat beetroot again....you will have to read the book to find out why!!
on 12 January 2015
I loved this - a good easy read and Len is so down to earth. Very good.
on 28 June 2017
Parents loved this Christmas present. Yours will too!
on 7 February 2009
I purchased this book from Amazon as part of a Christmas Present for my Husband - here is his review of the book " As a boy from the East End (of London)not far from Len's home, I also grew up with my Grandmother and As I started dancing in the 5o's. requenting the same dance studios and knowing various names of dancers and judges mentioned in the book, it was almost like reading about myself. The book is so funny in places you can't help but burst out laughing. Couldn't put the book down. What a read to cheer you up in these depressing times. I thoroughly recommend Len's book to not only the older age groups but also the younger dancers (and non dancers) to give them an insight to how the 'Strictly' came about and what fun, socialising and exercise dancing brings. Good on yer Len.
on 7 January 2010
This book is a good read for lovers of Len Goodman. it is very interesting and his personality comes through in the writing. However, the amount of typo's started to really annoy me, as they often confused the sense of the sentence as well as being very unprofessional - sort it out, Ebury!