Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 23 March 2009
Rock a bye baby by Mia dolan is a fantastic book. Mia has made the characters come alive, and leaves you feeling like you know the characters personally and the characters likes and dislikes become your own!
This book kept me interested all the way through and i am looking forward to the next installment. This is a perfect book for curling up and getting engrossed in. Well worth a read.
on 31 March 2009
Loved it!

I have enjoyed Mia's other works and was hoping that her first work of fiction would be as good, I needn't have worried - the characters felt real, the situations believable and story kept up a good momentum all the way through.

I am only disappointed that I will have to wait until october to hear more from Marcie and her family.
on 7 February 2014
Very good book; first of a trilogy about Marcie Brooks; starts in 1965 when she gets pregnant and the father of her baby (her first love) dies before he can marry her. The next two books begin in 1967 and 1969. Story is gritty and exciting, seems like it must be a realistic portrayal of life in the mid-late 1960s. Ultimately it all ends happily for Marcie and her family. Each novel could probably stand alone, but is better read as a trilogy.
on 13 April 2009
Could not put this book down.A gripping story from begining to end. Cannot wait untill the next one, A very realistic drama with a 60s setting. You will not be dissapointed!
on 28 June 2009
EXCELLENT BOOK !I COULDNT PUT IT DOWN KIDS COOKED THEIR OWN DINNERS !I DIDNT EAT TILL I HAD FINISHED IT . WAITING FOR NEXT BOOK IS DRIVING ME MAD ! BOOKING DAY OFF AND LOCKING MYSELF AWAY TILL ITS FINISHED
on 1 July 2009
Rock a Bye Baby

This has to be one of my favourite books. I love Mia's writing, and her first work of fiction does not disappoint.

As a child of the 90's, I have no idea of what life was like in the 60's, but Mia paints the perfect picture of 60's life on the Isle of Sheppey, and it feels like you're a part of it too.

The characters come to life, and they're such a mixed bag of completely different people, it's fantastic, and you really feel as if you know them. It was a definite page turner, I couldn't stop reading to find out what happened next, but at the same time I didn't want it to finish!

I can't wait for Marcie's story to continue in October, and I will definitely be pre-ordering Anyone Who Had A Heart.
on 23 April 2010
I loved this book, the detail Mia goes into about the Isle of Sheppey in the 1960's the fashions and the ideas u could of almost been there, I fell in Love with Marcie and coulnt wait to turn the page to find out her fate, I couldnt put this down another great book although very different to her usual style well worth a read, Great characters and a twist on Mia's own pychic ability me thinks!!
on 6 March 2010
Thia was a book i couldnt put down i was actually in the place with marcie, the first few pages wasnt too good and i nearly put it away but gave it the benefit of the doubt and what a fantastic book i couldnt wait to read the rest and am half way through anyone who had a heart and cant wait to finish ready for the nest mia wont be able to write them fast enough ... highly recomended
on 19 August 2009
I absolutely loved this book. It really felt like I was "there" with the characters and experiencing the highs and lows of the 60's in Sheppy with them. I found it really difficult to put the book down until it was complete ~ and then I wished I could carry on reading it!! I can't wait for the final two books of the trilogy this year and next year. Great, Great book.
on 2 July 2009
Ok, we all know Mia Dolan, World famous Psychic!! But here's a real shock, Mia writes fiction as well!! First of a trilogy, and its excellent, yes there is a hint of Psychic in it but its not the predominent story!! The story concerns a young girl on The Isle of Sheppey in the 60's and her trying to escape from her life!! You really need to read this book!!!