Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 June 2017
I am so glad i read this book, and also made my husband read the second half. First half is a variety of birth stories, second half is information. I found it a really useful book to read, it made me feel calmer and more confident for the birth. Some parts are quite American specific (generally birth in the US involves much more medical interventions than the UK) but still good to know the facts and feel confident of the approach in the UK. Would 100% recommend this book for all pregnant ladies and their partners who are interested in natural child birth and want to feel more confident of the process.
on 29 October 2016
Excellent throughout. Easy to read and digest yet extremely informative. A huge literary achievement that gives mothers the information they need to know to make their own decisions about childbirth in a time when most information provided to parents is biased and incomplete.

Most of all, an inspiring read that teaches us to once again trust our bodies.

Thank you Ina May!
on 8 April 2017
My pregnancy yoga teacher recommended this book and I finally managed to read during my second pregnancy. My first birth was straightforward and empowering in a UK birth Center. I had an amazing doula and on call midwife. This book has given me the reassurance and confidence to attempt a home birth with our second. I am incredibly excited to start labouring with this baby!
on 24 February 2017
I would recommend this book to anyone worried about giving birth or having had a previous bad birthing experience. It is a really inspiring read. It is U.S. centred but still worth a read.
on 11 July 2017
It was very informative, eye opening, inspiring and a slightly scary read. I say scary because ina may outlines the risks of modern day childbirth which we rarely hear or read about, regarding chemical inductions and c-sections etc. A great read that I'm sure i will pass on to all my pregnant friends/family members.
on 20 September 2017
This book is great if you are suffering from anxiety around birth. I am due to have my second in a few months and had a very traumatic time giving birth to my first in hospital. I am hoping for a more natural approach this time and this book really helps me when I doubt I can do it.
on 8 May 2017
Fantastic book! Have been recommending it to all ladies I know. It's easy to read and provides a comprehensive overview of the birth process, always in a very positive tone.
on 12 September 2017
Such as awesome book!! After reading this I had a home birth with my first, 8 hours from the very first sign of anything until he was out, no pain relief, not tearing. I swear it was because of this book.
on 21 July 2017