Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 November 2016
This book is based on the American maternity system, which is very different to the UK system. However, it is really informative and gave me some useful tips for what to do during labour as well as what I would want to say no to and why. Some of it is a bit too American and over the top for me but it was a great read.
on 19 June 2017
I am so glad i read this book, and also made my husband read the second half. First half is a variety of birth stories, second half is information. I found it a really useful book to read, it made me feel calmer and more confident for the birth. Some parts are quite American specific (generally birth in the US involves much more medical interventions than the UK) but still good to know the facts and feel confident of the approach in the UK. Would 100% recommend this book for all pregnant ladies and their partners who are interested in natural child birth and want to feel more confident of the process.
on 29 October 2016
Excellent throughout. Easy to read and digest yet extremely informative. A huge literary achievement that gives mothers the information they need to know to make their own decisions about childbirth in a time when most information provided to parents is biased and incomplete.

Most of all, an inspiring read that teaches us to once again trust our bodies.

Thank you Ina May!
on 8 April 2017
My pregnancy yoga teacher recommended this book and I finally managed to read during my second pregnancy. My first birth was straightforward and empowering in a UK birth Center. I had an amazing doula and on call midwife. This book has given me the reassurance and confidence to attempt a home birth with our second. I am incredibly excited to start labouring with this baby!
on 24 February 2017
I would recommend this book to anyone worried about giving birth or having had a previous bad birthing experience. It is a really inspiring read. It is U.S. centred but still worth a read.
on 11 July 2017
It was very informative, eye opening, inspiring and a slightly scary read. I say scary because ina may outlines the risks of modern day childbirth which we rarely hear or read about, regarding chemical inductions and c-sections etc. A great read that I'm sure i will pass on to all my pregnant friends/family members.
on 8 May 2017
Fantastic book! Have been recommending it to all ladies I know. It's easy to read and provides a comprehensive overview of the birth process, always in a very positive tone.
on 21 July 2017
THe best book ever!
on 15 May 2017
Brilliant book. I would recommend it for every mum to be. It helped me to prepare for my childbirth. I am very pleased I have read this book.
on 8 May 2017
My daughter- in- law chose this book and said it was very useful additional reading for her in her condition