Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 13 April 2009
This book is packed full of ideas and ways that you can slow down and start to really enjoy life. One of my favorite pleasures is the one covering walking with toddlers. Before reading this book, going for a walk with my toddler was by far one of the most frustrating experiences I could think of because he just ambles about on his own time and gets side tracked with the seemingly most mundane things. After reading the entry covering this exact issue, I have taken on a whole new perspective and now our walks together are some of the greatest enjoyments in my day to day life. This book covers it all; taking naps, sleeping in, baths, gardening, smoking and so much more. If you are looking to slow down and enjoy life this is a must have for your bookshelf that you will return to often.
on 13 November 2013
This is the best loo book ever written. A selection of short essays which are the perfect length for your visit.

The passage on the dressing gown is my favourite. 'Come the revolution we will all be wearing dressing gowns.'

Dominic Frisby
on 15 May 2012
This is a fairly amusing book, however dont expect hours of reading, more of an anecdote book (maybe toilet shelf!)
on 9 February 2014
some great tips on how to enjoy things without spending money.(except for this book).

why do we have to spend money in order to have fun anyway?
on 27 May 2014
This should be a compulsory read whatever age you are. Certainly youngsters should read it so that they start off with a more sensible and balanced view of life. This reminds us that we are not meant to be hooked up to work 24/7.
on 23 October 2013
'couse i already live it, i wish i write this book :)
read it!
helps a lot to understand today life. if you already don't know it...
on 21 July 2016
All the things you do across a lifetime but rarely notice. I'll be more watchful in the next part of my life
on 26 September 2013
A fun book to flip through when you are stuck inside at work...to build on your own dreams of escape or to read about 'idle pleasures'
on 7 November 2014
I bought this book as a gift but flicking through it it seemed quite good and I knew that my friend would enjoy it
on 15 June 2015
Its uplifting and made me laugh outloud. I love the touch of anarchy.