Customer reviews

A Perfect Start: Or coping with the first months of parenthood
Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 August 2016
This is a great book that helped to get me into a good frame of mind, both before the birth, whilst on the post-natal ward and also during the early months of caring for my baby. It is written in a very matter of fact and down-to-earth way and allows the reader to dip in and out at key stages of their baby's development - something I found very useful as I didn't have the time or inclination to sit and digest the entire book at once. I found it very reassuring to return to when I was feeling occasionally lonely or low during the early few weeks / months. It really did help to boost my confidence as a new mum. Thank you authors!
on 10 September 2016
Great book, great tone. Really informative with no judgments. Not one particular parenting dogma which I really like - its open and broadminded , amusing and informative. A balanced view of the early days. Really glad to have read it now while pregnant and will keep it on hand when the baby arrives to check in with again!
on 3 November 2017
I really enjoyed this book. Some parts read as slightly old fashioned but the writers clearly have a lot of experience and I found it a great read full of good, common sense advice that made me feel better prepared for looking after baby.
on 5 March 2016
The best no- nonsense parenting book I have read. Highly recommend to all first time parents
on 20 May 2014
Really practical and common sense but not too much detail. The authors don't overwhelm you but reassure you and only tell you what you need to know.
on 13 December 2014
Lots of great info for first time parents
on 8 November 2013
Seems to have an answer for everything. We used as more of reference then both of us realised it had saved us from a few pitfalls
on 10 January 2008
I took classes with Christine and this book reflects her sensible personality with her dash of dry humour. I have read it so many times during the first few months of my baby's life...this is why I say it's like having a sensible big sister. When a first-time mum is feeling quite hopeless and exhausted, you just need someone to be sympathetic yet practical. Also she gives great guidelines on how to get your baby on a routine and dealing with "difficult" babies/ excessive crying.
on 10 September 2009
Being slightly obsessed with this subject (currently on maternity leave) I thoroughly enjoyed this read. I know its a book which I will keep coming back to over the next few months, as the practical advice is great.
on 14 August 2008
This is quite simply the best book on the whole pre-, ante- and postnatal experience around. I've read it time and time again during both my pregnancies and the first few months of each of my children's lives. I've given copies to countless friends and I'm back on Amazon now ordering yet another copy. The wealth of information is presented in a down to earth and reassuring way, dealing with every conceivable concern in an approachable and no-nonsense way. Thank You Christine Hill!