Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 May 2010
I ordered this book as a present for my husband as he loves Piers Morgan and is an avid follower of his Mail on Sunday column, he has also read all his previous books.

When I saw Piers had a 'new book' released, I thought great, perfect as a present and promptly ordered it, only to discover when it arrived that it wasn't a new book at all but a re-release of a previous book with diary entries from 2006-2008 - hardly relevant! Partly my fault for not looking into it - sorely disappointed.

Please dont buy if you have already got the previous books, shame on you Piers!!

P.S. the only reason I am giving this 1 star is because it wont let me give 0
on 8 August 2013
Do not waste your money buying this book, I have often watched Piers Morgan on his TV Lifestories show but never imagined he was such a twit.
This book goes through his diaries of 2007-2008 when he was trying to crack America with his big mate Simon Cowell. He is not too full of himself, the book basically describes all his wining and dining with the big names of the day. I didn't even finish it. He is so full of himself and always asking his friends about their sex life, nothing much has changed from his bottom of the barrel newspaper days. It will make good kindling for the fire when winter comes.
on 12 April 2009
Having read his previous 2 diary style books, I had to pre-order this one too and devoured it in a couple of days.

These books are so addictive. The circles that Piers moves in and the way he commentates are always refreshing and he's not afraid to say what he thinks despite bumping into the same people he's written about (often negatively) in previous volumes. You have to admire his integrity!! Of course, he's opinionated and arrogant, that's a given. It's also why I buy these books and would expect nothing less. He's a massive name dropper, but what names they are! And I would do exactly the same. He's obviously loving every second of his life and who can blame him.

Keep on writing Piers!!!
on 4 April 2009
I'm an American who really likes Piers Morgan, so I devoured his latest book rather quickly; after all, so much of the book deals with his take on the United States. But it's hard to really enjoy his opinions when he gets so many things wrong. He repeatedly says we're a land of 52 states --it's 50, as any American schoolchild can tell you. He misspells the name of radio commentator Rush Limbaugh (Russ?) and says Americans wouldn't understand the expression "a jar of strawberry jam," saying we would use the phrase "a carton of jelly." As a born-and-bred American, I can tell you the phrase "a carton of jelly" makes absolutely no sense, unless you're possibly referring to a crate packed with jars of jam, and even then it doesn't sound right. Mr. Morgan is a journalist, so I expect a higher standard of accuracy than this. These kinds of mistakes make me wonder how much of the book is true, which puts an unfortunate tinge on the proceedings.

On the other hand, Mr. Morgan is incredibly witty and knows how to write an extremely readable book. But the mistakes and his naive, stereotyped take on America, and his sweeping generalizations about its citizens, left me cold. Much of the book deals with a change in the country, but as he doesn't seem to understand the people who make up the country, it's a bit of an odd read. His other books were delightful, so I expected much more from him than this. I still will enjoy Mr. Morgan on TV, but now I think I like him a little less.
on 6 December 2014
Two words - absolute drivel. Like all his products on here, the ratings are artificially boosted by his agent or PR agency.

This is a constant diatribe of name-dropping nonsense, and must be avoided at all costs. Like the man himself, it's predictable, boring and repetitive.

Clarkson should have hit him harder.
on 18 September 2011
This book is good for reading in a waiting room or late at night when you are very tired. It is funny, entertaining, not pretentious. You could give it as a Christmas present to your brother. You can read parts of it now and again like a magazine.
on 23 January 2013
Amazing that the former editor of a national newspaper has so little talent for writing. The man loves himself but I didn't like his book. I don't recommend this.
on 12 October 2009
A wonderful diary. Love him or hate him, Piers Morgan has a talent for telling it as it really is. I found the whole book interesting, informative but above all else very, very funny.
on 10 May 2009
Yet again a great read from Mr Morgan.
Enjoyed this book "almost" as much as the last two.
Very good read but felt that there was too much focus on the Barack Obama campaign. I tended to skip over these chapters towards the end.
Having said that, It is all about his experiences of America so I suppose it had to be covered.
This book made me laugh out loud many times and I eagerly await the next one.
Well done Piers!
on 25 January 2014
I got this as a wildcard, and I found it surprisingly good.

I started off, probably like a lot of the population, with a prejudiced negative view of Morgan. But actually you soon realise he says it as he sees it, is honest, and has led a very interesting life. Nearly every day he is being invited to an A* party or being invited to see the Prime Minister.

It's a good read, and is an insight into a completely different world of the well-connected. Definitely worth a read.