on 6 December 2014
Two words - absolute drivel. Like all his products on here, the ratings are artificially boosted by his agent or PR agency.

This is a constant diatribe of name-dropping nonsense, and must be avoided at all costs. Like the man himself, it's predictable, boring and repetitive.

Clarkson should have hit him harder.
One person found this helpful
on 13 August 2011
I loved the previous two books by Piers Morgan but have to say I am a little disappointed with this one in comparison. Although it is good I feel there is too much emphasis on the Barack Obama campaign. I felt that he seemed to be sucking up to his newer American readers than his loyal British readers throughout. I felt a lot of the book was more about the life of Barack (particularly the last third) rather than his own life. Still worth a read though as there are still a few gems in there. Just felt that Piers was trying to make an impression on the Americans throughout this book.
on 14 May 2010
Having waited a year for the paperback version to be published in Britain, I am very glad that I did not purchase a hardback copy. Whilst not expecting very much, I was hoping to be mildly entertained by Mr Morgan's showbiz gossip, but this effort was very dull and clearly intended to boost his popularity with an American readership. This is certainly the weakest of his literary offerings and if you are considering buying it, I wouldn't bother parting with money for it. At a fraction of the cost, you should be able to pick it up at your local charity shop, which is where my copy has been deposited.
on 7 April 2010
I have loads of books to read but when this one arrived I started reading it straight away - like the other two books it is a really easy read - perfect holiday book. I am not sure why but famous people seem to want to tell Piers their most private details when he interviews them - perhaps he hypnotises them or something. I am also not sure why these revelations are so interesting but they are! Some bits made me laugh out loud. Piers definately knows he is living the dream and makes the most of it! The quotes from his children are funny - they keep is feet on the ground.
on 28 August 2011
This book is a brilliant read, very entertaining. Considering Morgan is an ex-newspaper editor his views are honest and well balanced, he doesn't appear to have put much spin on the events in this book, which makes the book an even more delightful read. I read this book while visiting America for the first time, and during my time of reading the book i learnt a lot about the American way of life and also how Morgan has carefully created a successful career for himself in the US.
on 12 April 2009
Having read his previous 2 diary style books, I had to pre-order this one too and devoured it in a couple of days.

These books are so addictive. The circles that Piers moves in and the way he commentates are always refreshing and he's not afraid to say what he thinks despite bumping into the same people he's written about (often negatively) in previous volumes. You have to admire his integrity!! Of course, he's opinionated and arrogant, that's a given. It's also why I buy these books and would expect nothing less. He's a massive name dropper, but what names they are! And I would do exactly the same. He's obviously loving every second of his life and who can blame him.

Keep on writing Piers!!!
5 people found this helpful
on 18 May 2009
Piers Morgan writes as he talks, fast and taking the mick. A really funny read though the links to the USA are tenious at best.Basically its a continuation of the other diaries he has written.
on 16 April 2009
Basically, if you liked his previous diaries, you'll probably like this one too. It's not a serious political or historical book, but then of course it's not meant to be. Taken for what it is, i.e. a light-hearted witty gossipy look at modern "celebrity", it's a very entertaining read.
on 1 June 2009
A very enjoyable read and I couldn't put it down,although I felt I had read some of the content before.I had read about his charity cricket match and his celebrity apprentice expericences soemwhere before? His previous book perhaps which I haven't kept so i can't check.
on 12 October 2009
A wonderful diary. Love him or hate him, Piers Morgan has a talent for telling it as it really is. I found the whole book interesting, informative but above all else very, very funny.
2 people found this helpful