Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 August 2015
I loves these books
on 24 September 2009
If you liked the contented baby book and its routines worked for you, then this is a good follow-on.
on 28 September 2009
Very helpful. If the other Gina Ford books have been of use to you then this one will be too.
on 26 April 2009
First of all I have to confess, I am a fan of routines in general and Gina Ford in particular, so this book is perfect for me. Having followed the Contented Little Baby routine and then the Contented Little Baby's Book of Weaning, I thought I simply couldn't go ahead without this one. And it of course delivered.
What's more it offers advice on adapting toddler routines to when/if another baby arrives - perfect! It also puts me at ease with the new things that come up - messy meals, figuring out how to play with things, etc, etc. I suspect one may need to read her first book to understand all the principles better (and thus to be able to twist and change if needs be).
So thumbs up!
on 28 September 2006
At last, Gina has answered my prayers and given a book with routines for toddlers and for a new baby when you already have a toddler!! It is full of advice that Gina gives from her years of experience working with hundreds of babies - AND IT WORKS! I have used Gina's routines with both my children since they were weeks old - they are so content, they sleep well and eat well, and they have have two very happy and proud parents. Thank you Gina Ford!
on 5 October 2014
Great book. Made balancing having 2 little ones a lot less stressful and more fun.
on 2 November 2010
After following Gina's Contented little baby routines with my daughter, 'The Contended Toddler Years' is helping us through the next stage. Although my firm belief is that every mother should do what is right for them, Gina's routines, along with her practical tips, advice and guidance have made me a more confident mother.
The book covers everything from sleeping patterns, behaviour (with some great advice on what to do if your child starts hitting!)and food.
Gina's writing style can be very blunt at times, but it's not like you're going to read this book for pleasure. It's a great hand book for navigating through the pot holes of parenthood!
on 5 February 2009
Gina Ford is very good. This book gives lots of good advice and solutions.
on 8 November 2015
As described
on 30 November 2010
The whole point in my view is that the parents should be in charge and in control over the daily schedule of a family. Setting the eating times and sleeping times in this regard is essential. Gina Ford has a system that works and since we started using it our lives changed. From being "on demand" to being "in charge". Not only good for us as parents, but much healthier for our little girl.

I also enjoy the non-nonsense, practical advice she gives. It may not be rocket science, but some ways are smarter than others. Gina tells you the smart way to parenting !