Format: Hardcover|Change

on 17 November 2006
I do wish I had read the first review below before investing in this book!
Even at Amazon's great price, it is an expensive purchase if you already own some of Amy's books, despite the handful of 'new' recipes, but the author does make this quite clear in her introduction, copied here for the benefit of other readers:

'It has been five years since my first AGA book, 'AGA Cooking' was published.
The first book was a huge learning curve and its publication was one of the nicest things that has ever happened to me.
It was the first book of its kind to reflect the cooking mood of the nation and translate it into 'AGA-speak'.

I like to think of this new book as being a best of 'Amy Wilcock AGA Cooking' - a compilation of all my favourite recipes, the dishes that are always requested at my workshops and demonstrations, and a good smattering of brand-new recipes, plus all the techniques and tips you will ever need.

It doesn't matter how many cookery books you buy and read, I believe the best way of learning and expanding your cookery skills is to cook, cook, cook!
Happy AGA cooking!'

ooOoo

An enticing cover encloses 304 high quality, shiny pages split over main chapters, sandwiched between the introduction and a concise index:

1. AGA Basics
12. Cakes
13. Biscuits
14. Breads
15. Preserves

Colour photography but not of all the dishes, although with over 300 recipes, this would be difficult to do and keep the weight of this already relatively chunky tome down!
Each recipe is well laid out with clear ingredients list and method, with useful notes re 'conventional cooking' modification.

A small taste of the recipes contained within:

* AGA Kippers
* Cheese Sticks
* Banana Teabread
* Mincemeat
on 14 October 2006
It is not made clear in the synopsis that this book is a compendium of Amy's other books made into one.The synopsis does clarify that there are thirty new recipes, but if you own the other books then you have essentially got the content of this book already.
on 15 December 2009
I bought this as a leaving gift for a dear friend - her husband loves to cook and while the book was for her in regards the Aga she was inheriting in her new house, I've since learned her husband is rarely seen without the book - nose buried in it - commenting on fab recipes and lessons learned per the Aga......so yes, I highly recommend this book to anyone with an Aga!
on 12 September 2009
I bought this for my mother-in-law. She accquired a 1940s second hand aga after many years of pinning for one. She was already really handling it well, but she has found this book invaluable. She said it is the best Aga book she has read - a good mix of info, top tips, assistance on the Aga itself and lovely recipes. Thoroughly recommend this book to all Aga lovers! The Aga shop down the road from us sell it at the full retail price, so it was a good saving from Amazon.
on 20 October 2009
this is simply the most straight-forward aga recipe book ive read to date.
easy to follow with tips and ideas to help you cook the most delicious meals
full of everyday and more exotic recipes that everyone will love
perfect for the beginner or the more experienced aga cook
on 2 March 2009
Not at all sexist, but it's my wife who enjoys using an Aga and I bought the book for her. She says: "There are a lot of useful hints in Amy's book on how to get the best out of an Aga which I've found helpful. But the recipes aren't too exciting."
on 24 September 2009
One look at this book and I just had to have it. Being the owner of a recently purchased Aga 6.4 I was thrilled to find that these recipes transfer perfectly to the 6.4 ovens. I have tried lots of dishes and they have all been so tasty that I can fool anyone into thinking I am a really good cook! I am so glad someone told me about this book.
on 17 January 2013
Moved to a house with an AGA!
This is a very practical guide,easy to understand. I would really recommend this book.
on 9 January 2012
Really good book - modern and informative. My new aga came with an Aga cook book that appeared very dated and dull when compared with the Aga Bible. Very pleased with it and very good value through Amazon - saved £10 on list price.
on 21 January 2010
I purchased this book as a present for my mom.. who now knows that she has been using her Aga incorrectly... she thinks its great and her cooking seems much better....