on 1 September 2011
Although a bit old (reason for only 4 stars - ****), this book provides a lot of information - things I did not know before reading it. I am aware now of the problems of food intolerance, and would be able to recognise it if it happened and act accordingly. There are many interesting recipes in this book, as well.

One thing I inferred from reading this book is that we can easily have problems of food intolerance if we eat too much of the same thing all the time. It appears to me that, as omnivores, human beings can eat many things and must eat a little bit of everything - variety is important for nutrition and to avoid food intolerance. Have you ever noticed that only those people that cannot afford variety eat the same thing every day - and have digestive problems? Those that can afford can eat a variety of things - and avoid digestive problems...

I also bought a book of the same author on IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome (the books have some overlap), which is more appropriate for my needs and up-to-date (*****).
on 22 August 2010
This book is a must have if like me you know food is creating havoc in your body. This book was recommended to me by the dietician I am seeing for IBS among a myriad of other things. It is hard at first and you will get the caffiene withdrawal headache from hell but stick with it and you will be surprised at the difference it can make. Even my concentration improved.
I have just begun the re introduction phase and again it can be daunting but I believe it will help me finally identify foods that my body doesn't like as opposed to ones I am or could be allergic to.
11 people found this helpful
on 12 February 2014
I bought the kindle version of this & found it a little difficult to get used to not being able to fick the pages back & forth to the recipes as a lot of links & references are made to other parts of the book.
As a start to finding out about the Elimination diet I found it very useful & have tried out some of the recipes which are great.
on 18 July 2015
Not the best book in the world, but very useful, interesting and informative on what to eat to aviod some problems with my metabolism, so it's worthy of 5 stars to me.
on 19 July 2016
Has all the theory and practical tips and recipes too
on 13 May 2016
Not what I expected. It was completely out of date.
on 3 March 2016
Very good.
on 14 May 2014
Not worth the money to buy. Outdated and boring. There are much better more updated and educational books out there.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 3 March 2016
not as GENERAL as i hoped for.!
on 5 May 2015