Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 September 2002
Having only discovered Bach Flower remedies a few months ago, I was in need of a book that would not only clearly explain the uses of all 38 remedies but would also make it interesting along the way. Afterall, I'm not a professional reading this for my job, I'm a wife reading it out of interest. It turned out that The Bach Remedy Workbook is the perfect book for people like me.
It's very well written, with a friendly 'voice' all the way through. The exercises make you think in a practical way about using the Remedies and clear up any ambiguity when you have two very similar situations. The illustrations and background information about Dr Bach also lend a sense of variety to keep you interested all the way through.
Where some books have left me mildly puzzled, this book instilled me with the confidence that I'm making the right choices for my own healthy outlook and that of my family too. It's an excellent place to start.
on 9 November 2000
I work professionally with Bach flower remedies and so I read a lot of books on the subject to keep up to date with what is happening. This is the best book I've read on the subject so far. What is great about this book is that it doesn't just list remedies, it actually makes you use them, and also goes into the philosophy behind their use, but in a direct and easy way. A friend of mind is using this book to help her complete a distance learning course run by the Bach Centre, but to my mind you can learn all you need from this.
11 comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2008
This is the only self-teach course that I have ever successfully completed! If you tend to get distracted or diverted, then this is a workbook for you.
Other reviewers are absolutely right about the user-friendliness of this book, and the author consistently keeps his learners' attention while instilling the principles by using sufficiently small chunks of information that can be absorbed relatively easily.
This text is a comprehensive foundation, and if you decide that you want to know more, then it will give you confidence to read further or join a classroom taught course.
After a number of years of using the remedies and as a registered Bach Flower Remedy Practitioner, I have a number of Bach Flower texts on my book shelf, and I still refer to this book time and agan ...... this book is worth every penny.
VINE VOICEon 25 April 2007
This is one of the books given to students who take the Bach Flower Remedy course at Mount Vernon, and Stefan Ball is a Trustee at the centre.

It is very easy to use, by the time you have finished the book you should have a good understanding of how to recognise emotions and which remedies work well in a given situation. The process is not as obvious as you might think but this helps you to tell the subtle differences between remedies, and also how to use them together. The hardest part is being honest with yourself and your patients about what emotions trouble us!

If you just want to use the remedies at home for family, friends and your pets then this will be a great guide for you.

I am a Bach Flower Remedy Practitioner and completed the course through Mount Vernon because I wanted to keep close to the principles which inspired Dr Bach to create the remedies. As the remdies become better known there have surfaced several versions of so called Bach remedies, which are not and do not keep to his philosophy. This book explains how Dr Bach found a complete system which needs no supplemntation or update, and which is individually prescribed to each person, not sold as an all round cure for 'anger', 'fatigue' etc.

If you want to be able to legally prescribe for patients then I recommend you contact Mount Vernon for one of their courses, but this book will give you a good start for home use. And it is fun to use too!
on 6 July 2012
If you're interested in learning more about Bach flower remedies, this is the book to get. Stefan Ball has worked at the Bach Centre for many years and has a wealth of knowledge about the remedies and how they can help us.

I recommend this workbook 100%
on 19 April 2015
Haven't really got on well with this book, seems very dummed down for me. First page has a piece that ask you to chose a remedy, by this point you don't know anything about them, haven't read anything on them. It start something like like Harold is sad for no reason, Gerald feels gloomy about his job, Enid worries constantly about things and wakes in the night, etc then a list of remedies and a brief sentence that says use remedy x for this type of feeling so it's not exactly something a five year couldn't do. Then turn the page congratulations Harold does indeed need this, Enid does indeed need that. Maybe right for some folks but for me was really written In a way that insulted my personal intelligence, so put it down after a short read and haven't read on past first chapter. I prefer to red the information written by Bach himself which is available elsewhere as free download.
on 17 March 2011
This is one of the very best books I have read on the Bach Flower Remedies. It does what it says on the tin. The author gives a very effective tutorial in simple terms utilising quizzes, excercises & games. Of value to the rank beginner through to the regular practitioner, it covers everything one needs to know to cultivate a sound understanding of this wonderful system of healing. The author, Stefan Ball, has produced a little masterpiece. Buy it! You won't regret it.
on 27 February 2015
Easy to use, easy to understand and excellent for brushing up and reinforcing your knowledge. Didn't like the role play exercise for Day 2 as it was too prescriptive and hard to put myself into a script that had already been written - I wouldn't have said any of the sentences written 'for me'! Other than that, the exercises were good and really helped enforce the knowledge of how to use flower essences properly. For someone like me, with a terrible memory, they were an excellent idea, and even once all the exercises are completed, they can still be re-read. The final chapter looks at how you can develop your knowledge further, courses you can take, books you can read; nd of course there is the quick reference guide to essences and their uses and some useful addresses. Very good value for money.
on 20 October 2013
A good workbook for anybody interested in learning about Bach Flower Remedies.
Clearly written in black and white as a seven-day course with information on Dr. Bach and his system.
Each section is set out with information, projects and quizzes. With advice on choosing and using the remedies and where to learn more.
I love this book and will be using it for a long time. It would also be useful for anybody looking for information on a complimentary way of treating emotional problems that lead to other health problems.
on 1 August 2010
For people interested in Bach Flower remedies this is something you need to get!! Its very easy to read and use, with tests all the way through to keep it going in. This is a required text book for anyone actually wanting to start studying the remedies through the Bach Centre, so definately worth getting if only to see if you still want to pay the course fees! I've already made up 2 remedies for people, and the one for fear of heights got my friend through a car journey through the Alps!!! AMAZING stuff, and great book for beginners.