Customer reviews

on 16 August 2016
I had very little idea about the Bach Remedies but when someone recommended a remedy for me, my curiosity was piqued. As soon as I got this book, I was hooked! It is simplistic in its layout and my one gripe is that there are notes in the text that are dark grey with black type which is very hard to read. However, I loved doing the exercises and deciding between remedies for the subtle differences in types of anxieties people might feel. I'm only part way through and I feel I have learnt so much about the system already. It's made me seriously consider doing the Practitioner Training. I love it!
on 13 August 2017
Hats off to Stefan Ball !!!
An informative, easy to follow workbook with the emphasis on fun and day to day emotions - even hour to hour emotions .... and how to apply the remedies
I'm sure Mr Bach would be proud how this book could entice everyone to it... not keeping holistic remedies to some elite force
I'm a practitioner of such and I don't like the elitism or "otherness" of my profession so when I find a book which is easy to use, fun to use, gets the point across so practically
Simplicity is the key and he's nailed it
Thanks so much Mr Ball 💡⭐️⭐️
on 25 June 2017
A really nice work book. Well planned.
on 2 January 2017
good!!!
on 27 February 2015
Easy to use, easy to understand and excellent for brushing up and reinforcing your knowledge. Didn't like the role play exercise for Day 2 as it was too prescriptive and hard to put myself into a script that had already been written - I wouldn't have said any of the sentences written 'for me'! Other than that, the exercises were good and really helped enforce the knowledge of how to use flower essences properly. For someone like me, with a terrible memory, they were an excellent idea, and even once all the exercises are completed, they can still be re-read. The final chapter looks at how you can develop your knowledge further, courses you can take, books you can read; nd of course there is the quick reference guide to essences and their uses and some useful addresses. Very good value for money.
on 10 March 2017
Having found some of the Bach Flower books dry and maybe a little self important (ironic given Bach's message of health), it was a joy to find a well-written, fun book that is easy to read and makes the Bach Flower Remedies relatable to real life. Little question sections throughout the book help you test your knowledge so you monitor your progress whilst a reference section in the back allows you to double check remedies.

I think this is a perfect little book on Bach Flower remedies if you are just getting started or if you want to cement what you have already learned. Although if you are a practitioner, then you have this stuff covered!
on 20 October 2013
A good workbook for anybody interested in learning about Bach Flower Remedies.
Clearly written in black and white as a seven-day course with information on Dr. Bach and his system.
Each section is set out with information, projects and quizzes. With advice on choosing and using the remedies and where to learn more.
I love this book and will be using it for a long time. It would also be useful for anybody looking for information on a complimentary way of treating emotional problems that lead to other health problems.
on 17 March 2011
This is one of the very best books I have read on the Bach Flower Remedies. It does what it says on the tin. The author gives a very effective tutorial in simple terms utilising quizzes, excercises & games. Of value to the rank beginner through to the regular practitioner, it covers everything one needs to know to cultivate a sound understanding of this wonderful system of healing. The author, Stefan Ball, has produced a little masterpiece. Buy it! You won't regret it.
on 5 February 2008
This is the only self-teach course that I have ever successfully completed! If you tend to get distracted or diverted, then this is a workbook for you.
Other reviewers are absolutely right about the user-friendliness of this book, and the author consistently keeps his learners' attention while instilling the principles by using sufficiently small chunks of information that can be absorbed relatively easily.
This text is a comprehensive foundation, and if you decide that you want to know more, then it will give you confidence to read further or join a classroom taught course.
After a number of years of using the remedies and as a registered Bach Flower Remedy Practitioner, I have a number of Bach Flower texts on my book shelf, and I still refer to this book time and agan ...... this book is worth every penny.
VINE VOICEon 25 April 2007
This is one of the books given to students who take the Bach Flower Remedy course at Mount Vernon, and Stefan Ball is a Trustee at the centre.

It is very easy to use, by the time you have finished the book you should have a good understanding of how to recognise emotions and which remedies work well in a given situation. The process is not as obvious as you might think but this helps you to tell the subtle differences between remedies, and also how to use them together. The hardest part is being honest with yourself and your patients about what emotions trouble us!

If you just want to use the remedies at home for family, friends and your pets then this will be a great guide for you.

I am a Bach Flower Remedy Practitioner and completed the course through Mount Vernon because I wanted to keep close to the principles which inspired Dr Bach to create the remedies. As the remdies become better known there have surfaced several versions of so called Bach remedies, which are not and do not keep to his philosophy. This book explains how Dr Bach found a complete system which needs no supplemntation or update, and which is individually prescribed to each person, not sold as an all round cure for 'anger', 'fatigue' etc.

If you want to be able to legally prescribe for patients then I recommend you contact Mount Vernon for one of their courses, but this book will give you a good start for home use. And it is fun to use too!
11 Comment| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse