Format: Hardcover|Change

on 1 April 2007
This is an excellent childrens/family cookery book, I have happily worked my way through it and found the recipes to be both healthy and nutritious. Some lend themselves more to small helpers than others, but the variety and range of foods included is excellent. Ideal when trying to expand children's taste experiences.

The book is well written and easy to follow, the illustrations are superb and there are little tips and ideas included on alternatives, such as different fillings, whether a food is freezer friendly (she recommends making a second batch to freeze!) as well as explanations of nutritional values.

I was a huge fan of the baby and toddler book, and this one is the perfect companion to take you onto the next stage. Especially as many children who were not fussy eaters can suddenly start to become just that, this book is one to buy, as I am sure it will be in constant use. My eldest daughter in particular adores it!!
on 28 January 2008
This book is brilliant not just for my children aged 3 and 6 but my partner and I too. I use it every week for inspiration. This book contains recipes that children and adults will like. There are some dishes which are a little too adventurous for my children at the moment but I will continue to experiment with them. The hidden vegetable pasta sauce is great, as is the courgette and raisin muffins (yes my children eat courgette muffins!!)

This book also contains lots of 'snacky' type meals which are great for quick lunches and again are good for children and adults.

I think this is a really good all round book and would buy other books by Annabel Karmel but from what I can see they seem to contain pretty much the same recipes and this is a brilliant book so I'll stick with this.
on 1 June 2006
This is a lovely book, my little girl isn't at school yet but there are lots of great ideas for healthy food to prepare and cook for children of all ages. I also love some of the presentation ideas (yep, food faces convince my daughter). I have enjoyed all of Karmel's books and highly recommend this one.
on 12 May 2016
Now this is a cookbook with some inspiring ideas to feed your kids after school or for supper. I find that the menu choice in our house gets very repetitive and I am always looking for something interesting for snacks and suppers (and lunch if they're home!) I can't wait to try her courgette raisin muffins and her apple and carrot muffins with maple syrup. What I particularly like about her book is that it is made up of food kids will actually eat (like sticky salmon, sweet and sour chicken, sticky chicken drumsticks, etc...), will please adult pallets as well, and contains ingredients you can actually find in your local supermarket. Evelyn's meatballs with sweet and sour sauce looks good, as does the tender Chinese beef stir fry. I already made the spinach salad with mango and strawberry (albeit with lettuce and not spinach) and my kids loved it. How could they not love their favorite fruits in a salad?

The ideas in here are not exactly original but she takes traditional foods like meatballs, chicken and fish, and adds interesting flavors to excite the whole family, There is so much more in here I haven't written about (check out the cookies and cake section, its perfect for lunchboxes!), I would definitely try this book.
on 6 June 2008
I am a huge Annabel Karmel fan and after her Favourite Family Meals book, this comes second. I use this book for inspiration constantly. Our favourites are the paella, the prawn korma, the Singapore noodles and the meatball recipes. I also do a lot of baking and find Annabel Karmel's cake/ biscuit recipes to be the most delicious all around. I don't just use this book "after school" for my two children, it is used for the whole family and even for the odd dinner party. The glazed salmon with couscous is gorgeous for a "grown up" meal! I also find this book really useful in my role as a teaching assistant as we often use the recipes for inspiration.
on 4 April 2016
I borrowed this book from my local library and loved it so much I bought it on amazon! It has sample menu's according to season as well as fabulous ideas for afternoon snack and dinner (supper). Very Highly Recommended. (Please note I did not receive this cover but an older printed version of the book
on 6 August 2014
Would heartily recommend this book. The recipes are superb. Easy to follow and my grandchildren love them. Have bought additional copies to give both my daughter and son because they liked the recipes so much. A Superb buy!
on 21 March 2012
Love this book as gives you new ideas how to use the same products you pick up while shopping. Definitely going to make more adventurous recipes and add more variety of meals to our family's dinner. Recipes are easy to follow and easy to make, love it!
on 2 June 2014
I have had this book for a long time and do turn to it often. My children are fairly fussy eaters and the recipes allow me to try new things without being too challenging. They still don't always eat them but we do have some successes.
on 26 June 2009
I've only made about half a dozen of the meals in this book so far but all the family have enjoyed them. I have 2 sons aged 4 and 2 and they have liked all of the recipes so far. I definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to make easy and nutritious meals for their family.