Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 February 2006
This book is beautiful, with funky home ideas. Its the reason i took up knitting. My only problem is that I have to be a bit more advanced to attempt these, especially the colour changes. Its not very intuative, and the pattern explanations are pretty non existant. You really have to know what you are doing. its on my shelf, and I can't wait to be advanced enough to knit my blanket.
on 16 June 2009
Debbie Bliss Home: 27 Hand Knits for Living

Fab book, I am a new knitter and this has some lovely patterns that even beginners can tackle and there are lots more advanced things for when I reach a more expert level! I really recommend if you want some lovely relaxing comfort knitting.
on 11 May 2007
This book brings fashion knitting into the home. Most of the patterns are very straightforward. There are lots of blankets, throws, cushions as you would expect. There is also a felted tea cosy (but without a hole for the spout or the handle - interesting!) and a dishcloth (garter stitch, made with dishcloth cotton - I kid you not). There is nothing here that you could not have thought of for yourself - but it is so much easier to have someone else do the thinking for you. I think this book is a tad expensive for such straightforward patterns - but it does look nice.
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2014
I can only give a purely personal review - very disappointing - nothing I would bother to knit and larger items e,g blanket wildly expensive to make even using cheaper wools than those recommended. Taken to a local charity shop.
on 15 January 2014
Bought this for my Mother and she is really impressed by it. She had previously taken it out from the local library and after reading it decided that she wanted to buy it. She was really pleased with it.
on 19 April 2015
Some lovely, modern designs. Something a bit different from the norm and what you can find free online. Definitely worth the purchase
on 26 January 2013
i look book very useful why give me idea to made knit big thank you also i love see look insdie
on 28 January 2016
really lovely book great ideas
on 18 January 2016