Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 1 April 2003
I appreaciate the upbeat tone of this book. I admit that I get confused and overwhelmed sometimes with all the psycho-babble out there. After all, no one author has all the answers that work on every child all of the time. I found comfort in this easy read book knowing for sure that I am not the only parent that faces daily challeges from the kids that can simply drive me crazy. "Toddler Taming has helped me feel less guilty and more competent raising my 3 young children, all under the age of 6. I have learned that there are indeed alternatives to the automatic parenting reactions of yelling, nagging, bribing, threatening and criticizing (that really aren't working anyway)...but they often require a deep breath, thought and a good bit of practice.
on 7 March 2002
As a first-time mum whose 18 month old has just started pushing other children over for no particular reason, flinging hard objects across the room and bashing his head on the floor when he can't have something he wants I found it deeply re-assuring to hear that such behaviour is normal! Dr Green stresses that toddlers do not behave like adults and once we accept this we save ourselves an awful lot of needless stress, worrying and argument. As well as reassurance he offers very practical advice on how to deal with tantrums, sleep problems, feeding, potty training etc. His style is easy and humourous and a big plus is that he never dictates just gets alongside you and suggests. A must-buy for every parent whose angelic baby has become a rampaging toddler!
0Comment| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 January 2007
Dr Green's book is packed with fabulous, down to earth advice. Toddlers can drive their parents crazy, but this book helps you negotiate your way through the "Terrible Twos" and beyond. It's easy to read and understand and the advice REALLY works! If I were ever to meet Dr Green I would give him a big kiss as he helped me to enjoy my children and watch them develop into well behaved, happy children.

In my opinion, this is the best toddler book ever written!
on 19 March 2007
Having used Dr.Green's other book "Babies" to help me survive the early months of fatherhood, I was hoping this one would prove just as useful in caring for my toddler. Unfortunately it isn't. Whereas the first book provided useful tips and techniques, this one is more conversational/anecdotal in tone - with hardly any practical tips. It's the equivalent of having a coffee and a chat, rather than being given some concrete techniques to try out. Maybe it's because I'm a bloke, but I was looking for some practical solutions more like his earlier book.
on 20 June 2001
If, like me you've been trawling through the bookshops desperate to find a book that show you how to transform your obnoxious ankle biters into little angels stop right here!
Okay, 'Toddler Taming' doesn't quite promise to do that, but it does have bucket loads of practical advice on surviving the toddler years.
Dr Green has gleaned information from a wide range of sources. The result is a book which enables you to climb inside the mind of your wilful toddler and discover what makes them tick.
What's more, this book will have you nodding and chuckling from start to finish.
A fantastically entertaining and informative read.
on 4 January 2002
This book is an enormous help when you are faced with a beligerant toddler. It gives practical, sensible suggestions and helps you to realise that your child is:
a) normal
b) going to pss through this difficult patch and
c)is not the devil reincarnated !!
It gives practical advice and even answers your 'that won't work because....' fears. It rescued us from a particularly difficult time with our second child and resumed a reasonable level of harmony to our household.
Well worth the money.
on 11 April 2002
The most fantastic child rearing book. It was recommended to me by my child's playschool leader and I refer to it at least once a week. After just a few pages, I realised that my child was not the naughtiest in the world, just a normal little boy. Christopher Green has restored peace and happiness to our family life, well for most of the time anyway.
on 3 January 2003
Having no-one able to advise me on my first child, I found Dr Greens 'Toddler Taming' to be my bible throughout my daugthers first four years. He made me realise that my child (and myself) are perfectly normal and that I am not alone. His practical advise and anecdote have kept me one step ahead and even allowed me to feel confident enough to have another child. I do not know what I would have done without his brilliant, yet subtle, approach - I may never have coped this far!! I cannot praise this book enough - a must have for all new parents.
on 30 November 2001
You know how people say "shame children don't come with an instruction manual..." well this is the next best thing.
I don't often read a factual book from cover to cover but I have this one. It was an enjoyable read and so true to life covering situations that, as the mother of a 2 year old, I am encountering on a daily basis.
If you are a stressed out parent, buy this book. I promise it will make your life just that wee bit easier
on 12 March 2003
My 20 month-old daughter has become an expert tantrum thrower - usually in the middle of the supermarket! I felt like I must be a bad parent or she wouldn't behave like this. Dr Green's book makes easy reading. Normally with parenting books, I just flip to the relevant section and ignore the rest, but I've read this one from cover to cover. His advice is sensible and practical, and above all makes you feel like you're not alone, and that your child is just being a typical toddler. His style is humorous and down-to-earth. I'm determined to try out the Time Out option. Above all, he reminds us not to beat ourselves up for getting worn out!
Well worth a read!