on 2 June 2003
This is an excellent book full of delicious and simple recipes.It has helped me to lose nearly 2 stone and far more easily than any other diets that I have tried, because I have rarely felt hungry.
This book is nice and easy for the British market. Many of the books in this area are American, so you have to convert all the measurements which I find too much hassle.The ingredients are all found in our supermarkets
The meals are perfect for all the family (I just add rice etc for them)
It would however have been nice to have had a few pictures of the recipes.
55 Comments| 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 April 2017
Still getting to grips with this medically recommended diet and the book is helping with all the different recipes.
on 28 February 2014
If you pick & choose there are some suitable recipes but a lot are very high carb. If I ate regularly on these I'd be the size of a house! However, there are some very nice recipes, and I have tried the lower carb ones. Maybe when I feel like a feast day I'll try the others!
on 15 March 2017
OK Book
on 20 August 2011
This book doesn't have any nice glossy pictures, but it's crammed full of useful recipes that don't take long to prepare. More importantly, it does exactly what it says on the tin - if you follow the instructions, you'll lose weight and won't go hungry.
on 27 February 2011
Gets straight to the point. Quick bit about the diet then straight into the recipes / menus.. all with the Carb count. A great little resource. Highly recommended.
on 30 June 2011
Decided to go on a low carb diet and bought this book looking for inspiration on what to eat. So far lost about a stone and never felt too hungry. The book has lots of easy to prepare healthy recipes - the only slightly negative thing I would say is that some are very similar .
on 21 May 2003
I am always doubtful of cookbooks that don't have any pictures. Despite the fact that there's nothing to drool over when you've a spare moment, it's always nice to know what the end product should look like! However, I was so determined to succeed at this diet that I bought the book nonetheless. The book covers recipes for just about every eventuality from breakfast thru to vegetarian cookery. The recipes are almost ridculously easy to follow and the end results are fantastic. For example, the watercress soup is so delicious I'm in danger of existing on a diet consisting of only that. It's difficult to imagine you're on a diet when the food is this good, and I would heartily recommend this book to anyone following a low carb diet.
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2003
Bought "The New High Protein Diet" book first to learn how the diet works (and it does..having lost a stone in 2 months, plus, more to the point, several inches!)
Having worked through most of the recipes in the first book, I purchased "The New High Protein Diet Cook Book" a month ago to add variety to the diet. The recipes in the cook book are fabulous. Wide ranging, simple to follow, from "Quick-and-easy" meals to "Sunday Lunch", so far all the recipes have been really tasty and not what you would expect to be eating whilst dieting!
Highly recommended.
22 Comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 October 2010
Having explained our metabolism in layman's terms and how too much carbohydrate overwhelms our fat burning process, the author then clearly sets out the concepts and advantages a high protein diet, complete with recipes. I feel healthier, my skin has improved and I am enjoying a steady weight loss.