on 10 September 2015
Its very informative this is a list of things ou will find in it:
Fruit
Hot dips
Mushroom and spinich polenta
Chicken nuggets
Fish cakes
Halloumi with tomato and red lentil
Mini samosa
Meatballs
And other good things
on 12 January 2016
We were a little confused about the while weaning process so we decided to buy some books. My wife who does not cook loves this book and is now never out of the kitchen preparing and cooking healthy and tasty treats for our daughter. All of the tips and recipes have been a success and my wife has her head in this book on a regular basis. So definitely worth a buy.
on 8 July 2016
No pictures of the food, clumsy layout. Just a jumble of recipes. I bought it for ideas to feed my son who had just started weaning. Felt it was aimed more towards older children, and didn't really give me any inspiration.
on 8 June 2005
Great little book, good and not to difficult recipes that are often quite quick, and ideal for a little person very keen on independence just like my little one.
Helpful info on freezability, easy to adapt, if you wish to, with a realistic philosophy aiming for stress-less mealtimes.
I would recommend this book (and have done so) to all my friends.
on 29 April 2016
I bought this book as in the 'look inside' bit it states 'For children who are intolerant of lactose or gluten, most of the recipes have ingredients which can can easily be substituted for alternatives....' which lead me to believe this book would be helpful in coming up with ideas for my daughter who has milk and soya allergies.... but there are very few actual recipes, that can be made soya and milk free successfully from this book. wish i hadn't wasted my time reading it.

there are a handful of recipes which sound vaguely appetising if you have a baby with no allergies however.
on 9 August 2006
Alleluia! A book that aims to have babies and toddlers eating 'grown-up' food. In today's culture of kiddy menus, and food marketed purely at children, we need a lot more of this kind of book. And the recipes are lovely. The healthy banana cakes get rave reviews all around, even when made by me!
on 17 June 2012
Recently my daughter started to refuse being fed her evening meal. She would let us feed her in the morning, she fed herself at lunch but when evening came she would scream and scream unless she had the spoon. The problem was the mess she made in the process of attempting to feed herself, that and not much was going in her.
Iv bought a few books apart from this but this seems to be the fave in our house. I have made a few things from this (banana fritters, cream cheese and herb dip, eggy bread) which have all been a success and all are very simple and easy to make but yet nutritious too.
This week i plan on making meatballs, fishcakes and cheese straws and freezing them in bulk.
This is a lovely book with easy lil snacks to lovely little meals and deserts, i like the little tips in the 'good things' section for each recipe, knowing what can and cant be frozen and of course a breakdown of the recipes nutritional value.
The reason why i knocked down a star is because of a few mistakes in the book. For example, under the heading for tofu burgers she talks about cheesy fingers? Luckily the recipe IS for tofu burgers but thats a silly mistake to make in my opinion.
on 10 February 2010
what i didn't realize about this book is the author is a vegetarian too which has made this book evan better. it has the veggie option and an alternative for meat and fish eaters. i bought this book for my 7 month old who refuses to be spoon fed. the ideas are fantastic and my daughter can really get stuck in and my two and half year old can help me make them too, AND enjoy eating the same things as she always seems to want what her little sister has. have recommended to my friends and would to anyone!
on 21 November 2014
I bought this after reading some positive reviews. I wish I hadn't bothered. I am a keen cook and was looking for some fresh ideas I could use when cooking for my little boy - something a bit more inspiring. I certainly did NOT need to buy a book in order to be told how to spread butter and marmite on a slice of bread and cut it into pieces.

If you are a moderately accomplished cook this may not be for you. (I preferred the more creative Christine Bailey Fingerfood book, which had much poorer reviews on Amazon.)
on 16 August 2005
This book has changed meal times with my toddler for the better. We had got to the point where he would only eat plain boiled noodles, and I was getting worried, then I bought this book, and now he and I are both much happier. We are vegetarian, and all the recipes in here are either veggie or Jenny offers a way to make them veggie, which is fantastic. The first cook book I have ever bought where I actually want to try all the recipes. I have bought one for all the mums I know, and I can't recommend it enough. Great for veggies and non veggies, from as soon as your little one can hold a rusk until they leave home. Just brilliant.