on 7 March 2013
I bought this book after someone recommended it to me. It is very easy to read, simple layout. The sections on things you can do to encourage play, development etc are really good. For me the best parts are the recipes and meal planners when you move on to solids. If you want a quick reference book this is not the best book but as an overall guide from pregnancy recipes, coming home with baby, to 1 year old it is great. I think you need to also buy another Annabel Karmel recipe book for when you start solids to ensure baby has enough variation.
on 17 February 2009
I got this book on recommendation from my doula and am so glad I did. It is a great overview for the baby's first year - their monthly development, how to identify issues and practical solutions, as well as a whole section on healthy recipes. I have found it so useful to dip in and out of for numerous issues, especially as a first time mum. Annabel Karmel rocks with her recipes, both for mum and baby, with healthy options, really tasty dishes of all sorts, and a guide towards weaning your baby onto solids. I can't recommend this book highly enough.
on 27 March 2009
I bought this book because it had been recommended to me by 2 other mums. They said I would not need any other book as this one has got all the information I need to make a good start. Having read the book, I now absolutely agree with it! It does not overwhelm you with lots of unnecessary information and all the tips the author gives are very useful. I would call it more a reference book which is what you need if you have some common sense and don't need to be told what to do with your baby every second of his life. The book has got brilliant recepies for the whole family that is why my friends said they would like to keep it when I wanted to buy it from them.I would definitely recommend this book to all new parents!
on 31 January 2010
Bought the book based on good reviews as I was looking for some good baby books. I found the information very useful and interesting, the book is nicely edited, pleasure to read.
It tells you week by week what to be expected from the baby,how it behaves and why. there are also some nice& yummy recipies when you start weaning. Language used is clear. I enjoy reading it and would recommend to first time parents like myself.
on 4 May 2014
Excellent practical help, details what you need, planning routine etc all written in a non patronising way and skips all the the overly "PC" speak found in other books. An excellent wall written and nicely illustrated book a must for any first time mum.
on 6 November 2014
Fantastic book,wish i got it earlier as my baby is 2 months old already and i'm 1st time mum.It shows and explains everything,how to change nappy,how to wash them,feeding,behavior,development from 1st week up to year and loads of info to put your mind at ease and give confidence caring bout your bundle of joy.It really is great book!
on 4 February 2016
I am pleased with the product's quality and it arrived on time.
on 14 December 2011
I found this book invaluable with my first child as it filled with so much information on everything from weaning and sleeping and development guides. I like the fact it provides you with nutrition information about certain foods. Also has a chapter on each stage of your child development so it's easy to refer to. I have used other known baby books on the market but I find annabel's approach not so strict and actually usefully. I think it is a must for every parent especially with your first child!!
on 6 February 2013
A great book to keep handy (ours is permenently on the coffee table) to use as a reference for so many occasions. I really cant rate it enough. It contains a great month by month guide which is easy to read. Fab food planner for when you start weaning. Buy it, you wont regret it! I have also purchased for a few friends who were expecting and they have all said the same.
on 2 January 2010
Fantastic book!!! Very helpful. Very good advises. I got addicted to Annabel Karmel products. I bought this book after I gave birth to our first baby, I wished I bought it earlier, as in the book a lot very good advises to lead you true all your pregnancy. I would recommend to every mom to be.