Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 August 2002
I bought this book in Norway 3 years ago. I was on holiday and wanted something to read. I found this book to be comprehensive, in terms of the differences of attitude, perception, expectation, assumptions.. between men and women in the bedroom. Come on, admit it we are all guilty of at least one 'sin' in this area! On a more serious note, I have learnt more about men's approach and understanding of sex. Decide for yourself! Be warned, it is quite explicit!! A little disappointed that there was no diagram of the men's anatomy.. something tells me it is geared more to the further understanding of women to men!?!
on 15 June 2013
A lot of what is written makes sense and is interesting but it's all a bit too clinical for my taste. He doesn't make sex sound remotely romantic, and the way he advises men and women to improve their sex life is almost like following instructions on how to assemble a piece of furniture. Deffinate no no.
on 27 February 2011
This book is brilliant, DEFINATELY worth the buy. It explains the differences between the sexes in a way which helps them to be overcome and even made the most of. Also offers lots of useful advice and tips, along with real life accounts of couples Gray has helped. Can work wonders for any relationship, can't reccommend it enough.
on 18 September 2003
I was shocked and angered by Mr Gray's Victorian attitudes towards sexuality. I would beg anyone - especially male readers - to treat this book with a big pinch of salt. I feel it's damaging to men, who are human beings and not mechanical sex drones, because it implies that they both want to and are able to have sex anytime anywhere and are ruled by their pants at all times (not true) and that women are not sexual beings and have to be gently guided and educated into how to have fun during sex (oh, how not true is that!!!)
In the 19th century, this would have been acceptable, in the 20th century it might have been forgiveable, but now we really should have seen the back of this type of damaging stereotyping. Read with salt shaker in hand.
on 3 April 2013
This is a practical explicit guide and has really helped me to understand men and how to improve my sex life with the man I am with. I would also recommend Mars and Venus on a Date. The advice really works!
on 19 January 2010
Easy, quick and very pleasant reading into the truth of man and woman psycology! It may be nothing new, but brilliantly written and a fun must read for all couples and not!
on 29 January 2001
Dr. Gray does reveal some deep insights on why we act as we do (and what we should watch out for). However, as a writer he tends to repeat himself (ideas-wise) and this tends to make for a boring read. He is also insensitive to his readers' moral values. As a Catholic I do not much agree on his advice of masturbating in preparation for sexual enjoyment, even if this will ultimately be with my partner (husband/wife). To be fair, the book makes one feel 'normal', and notwitstanding his literary faults I would still recommend this book; especially to people married (or living together) for around three years or more.
on 11 June 2011
I've read alot of sex books in my time and being in early stages of marriage with a small child I knew I had to make some big changes to our sex life to keep it interesting and fulfilling. This wasn't my book of choice, but I came across it at a friends place and was amazed at how accurate some of the things he said were! For instance I knew about the differences between the way men and women approached sex but this book details and explains it really well with some real tips of how to go forward. For me it was just a great assurance that the way I have been feeling wasn't abnormal and gave me some great conversation starters to discuss these topics with my husband. On the negative side this book is really traditional. Although progressive in terms of masturbation etc it really puts the onus on men and in fact if you're a guy looking for ways to boost your partner's libido - this book is for you! If you're a woman you may find some of his advice 'a woman shouldn't initiate to much as it may stop a man initiating' or that 'the colour of your lingerie can tell you man what type of sex you're in for (pink for romance and black for passion!' a tad old fashioned! However, don't let this put you off, there are some great pointers here and explanations of how to communicate better about the bedroom and please each other! Well worth it!
on 14 February 2013
Great, simple, common sense as always. All John's books that I have read have had a lasting impact on me. They have helped me to help myself, and my husband have a continually wonderful relationship.
on 8 April 2013
very useful in helping to understand what is ok for me and what my partner actually prefers without having to guess.