Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 February 2003
I had previously used regularly the 'Food Glorious Food' book that Slimming World produce. I'd pretty much made all the recipes in that so fancied a new set of recipes.
This book is a great introduction to the Slimming World Plan however the book focusses a more on this than on recipes. Unlike my previous book this one has a collection of recipes more suited to entertaining as they involve quite expensive or more classy ingredients. The book has a lot of lovely photographs in of the meals which again leaves less space for recipes. Out of 224 pages only around 70 contain recipes.
There are some great menu planning ideas that cross reference the recipes and some interesting insights into how the Slimming world plan works - in fact you could use this ass a way of getting started if you are still shy about slimming classes. There is a whole page devoted to each of Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners with around 10 ideas for each.
The reference section gives sin values and healthy options you can use to keep track of your eating habits. It also supplements the index with recipes listed by Course, Type and Sin Value.
Each recipe is laid out in clear type with very simple language - avoiding the usual habit of cookery writers to use complex or fashionable terms for cooking methods! Each is clearly marked with how many servings, preparation time, cooking time and sin value.
Although the book is great for new starters and those throwing regular dinner parties on big budgets, I found this a bit disappointing considering how many recipes I found in previous Slimming World titles of the same price.
11 comment| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 March 2015
I own 4 slimming World Cookery Books and I have to say this is my least favorite, recipes aren't as good and a lot of ingredients are really expensive compared to SW other books. It's a bit of a shame but it wasn't that much money as I bought it second-hand. I personally recommend SW free foods, best ever recipes and world of flavors; best books by them in my opinion.
on 2 November 2010
Bought this ages ago. Has some really easy recipes. Have tagged more than I've made so far. But the rice with mediterranean veg is a winner, as is the spanish chicken and spiced roasted new potatoes. Don't think much of the desserts myself...but they might be worth a try if you have people round
on 19 May 2014
I was really pleased to find this book was hardbacked, I thought for the price it was bound to be paperbacked - a very pleasant suprise, thank you. Very prompt service, I would recommend this seller.
on 7 May 2013
not bad, some good recipes, some I would never think of making, a bit fancy or with strange ingredients as usual with diet books, but overall a good addition to your cook book selection. Makes dieting much easier
on 7 October 2013
Good book easy to follow recipes. I would recommend it to anyone, you don't need to be on a diet to enjoy the recipes.
on 19 June 2016
Some great recipes from slimming world, we have a few books from Slimming World, and don't go to the groups and just follow the recipes in the books and have both lost two stone in four months.
on 29 August 2013
Bought this as a present for a work colleague but had a flick through before wrapping and liked it so much I kept it and gave her a voucher instead!
I think we were both happy with the outcome. I especially love the Tuna with Pepper Sauce
on 3 May 2014
Although not a member of slimming world this book gave me lots of ideas for healthy filling meals and im losing weight
on 14 February 2013
ticks all the boxes good recipe book plenty of meal ideas and easy foods to make not to expensive ingredients