Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 December 2016
book arrived on time. it is for my daughter. Had a quick look, it looks great (Iread chicken soup for the soul while I was in hospital and it was great too). Thank you very much
on 4 September 2015
Daughter liked the stories of real life in here and said they made her feel good.
on 18 August 2017
A gift.
on 9 March 2017
Excellent
on 9 February 2015
I bought this for my teenage daughter, but am in the process of reading it first before I give it to her, so this is a parents view. Having been a teenager myself, a long while ago, the stories / anecdotes in the book really struck a chord. They deal with the kind of everyday upsets and learning experiences that hit almost all teenagers and cause much upset and frustration... from losing friendships to bereavement. As a parent it has also brought into focus the kind of development and social issues my daughter is likely to be facing (and align with what she is telling me). A useful book.
on 1 February 2017
I read this book when I was a teenager about 15/16 years old. At the time it was a godsend to feel that there were others like me going through the same thing. The book is a collection of short stories written by teenagers and adults both professional and non. It is also organised into various chapters such as the "tough stuff" "love" "family" etc.

Now as a nearly 40 year old I dip back into it so I can reconnect with my younger self and to remind myself what my nieces and nephews, and soon my toddler, are going through.

As an added bonus because there are so many different writers there is usually something for everyone in terms of writing style.
on 5 December 2000
This is an amazing book. I have read the two previous ones but this is the best out of all of them. Its like the Bible, you can go to it for help or advice, and your answer for your question is there. Its got everything that a teenager worries about, finding love, keeping a boyfriend/girlfriend, coping with a difficulty or death etc. You can read it over and over again and you won't get bored. Its great.
on 12 August 2004
I was introduced to this book when I worked on a kid's camp in America for underprivileged children. This was one of the 'night time sories' that were read to the older kids and teens. This book is aimed at some of the problems and situations faced by teenagers, but I am 22 years old and can still relate to so much of this. I am truly amazed by how I can re-read pages of this book and still cry at the stories, (happy tears), even though I know the ending. Whenever I need a pick-me-up, corny as it sounds, this is the book I turn to as it really does "restore your faith in human nature". This has now become a book that my whole family enjoy reading and discussing as well as the friends I have introduced this to.
on 1 August 2012
i dont see what all the fuss is about. Maybe its better for younger teenage years but i found it poor and based mainly on religious hope rather than general conscious humanitarian hope.
I guess it doesnt help that im from England, the 'sophmore, freshman' talk for example is just hard to relate to when i barely understand its meaning.
Ill be returning it and dont have any intention of reading again.
I'll stick to my hardcore Psychology books with evidence based studies and stories.
Its not a bad book but its not my thing.
And also after a bit of digging , i found out that a lot of the stories are fictional yet theyre portrayed as true and contain no mention of this which is just plain sneaky.
on 11 August 2017
The language needs adapting for uk students and also a little dated for the adolescence that I work with.