Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 July 2010
I found this an absolutely brilliant book and successfully fed both my children for nine months with the help of the book's common sense advice and plenty of help from every midwife, health visitor, friend or family member I could get help from. I think the book mainly gave me an insight into the values of breastfeeding, the determination to keep at it which can be a real challenge especially if you yourself get ill and the courage to ask for help for the sake of me and my baby. Of course not everyone has such a positive experience of breastfeeding and that said I would still tell anyone the most important thing for your baby is to take care of yourself and if that means not breastfeeding either full time or part time then that is your choice. Stopping breastfeeding is also covered extremely well in the book because the emotions involved are discussed as well as how to stop.
on 29 December 2012
This book is a must have for first, second or multiple-time mothers. It is a source of help and comfort and information.
on 25 November 2013
A must read if you want to breastfeed wish I had read it the first time! The early days bit is really useful.
on 29 July 2009
Useful book, wish I'd bought it before birth so I was more prepared. I do, however, feel it is so pro-breastfeeding that it may put some off. It doesn't advocate supplementing with the occasional formula feed but I have found this tactic invaluable for my sanity! Overall, it provides useful information but I wouldn't take it as the holy grail of baby feeding.