on 18 May 2015
Amazing book a must read for anyone embarking on weight management.
on 10 November 2009
The most insightful book I have ever read about over-eating.

Accept your body as it is and only eat when you're actually hungry. Simple ideas but written in a compassionate, understanding way.
on 1 February 2006
This book takes you through the various stages of overcoming overeating. Starting with no longer judging yourself as "fat", taking you through to dealing with compuslive eating and then no longer feeling the need to compulsively eat.
I am eating so much less binge wise now easily, rather than the diet struggles triumphs and failures that usually plague me. And I smile!
on 18 September 2013
I am not overweight or a serious overeater, but I read this book as i consider myself to have a few unhealthy habits and as a psychologist I am always keen to understand the why behind my behaviour. The book refers to quite 'extreme' cases that I could not relate to, but even so, there are a number of thought patterns that are absolutely what I go through so it was really comforting to know that other people think the same things and read someones opinion about them.
It's a really easy read - i read it over saturday and sunday.
I can't say whether the teachings are effective as I am just beginning, but so far, I am more conscious of the moments when i reach for the buscuit tin despite having just eaten dinner :)
certainly worth a read to widen one's knowledge and perspectives.
on 13 April 2013
Has helped me alot. Have read it several times now.The information is very helpful. Would recommend it to anyone who struggles with diets.
on 17 October 2013
From my point of view the book is one from a few good positions I have read so far. I think that it is worth the money and the time.
on 2 October 2015
Couldn't get in to it and gained a hell of a lot weight when advised to eat what I wanted. I possibly have a real compulsive eating problem and this was just a load of hokey which resolved nothing. Would give it zero stars if I had the option.
on 3 October 2015
Its OK to read but not at all helpful in reality. Its had no effect at all on my eating habits.
on 4 February 2002
loved this book and its approach to those of us who struggle. read it when you feel low and unloveable. sunshine and compassion in a jar.
on 19 September 2014
Good read, but nothing new to me,