on 6 June 2007
Excellent simple story about how people adapt to change. Those that rush around like headless chickens; those that seek out change; those that can't change; and those that can but are frightened to take the first step. Not a story about how to change, but one about how people adapt to it. As a manger (or change-negative person) the problem isn't those that get on and adapt by themselves, but is those that have problems adapting. The challenge is to maximise the number of those that can adapt by breaking down the fear-or-change barriers. Some people just can't change. Some people can be helped through it and the first step is to realise that sometimes change is outside our control and we just have to get on with it. More importantly, most of our fears are unfounded and well within our capability to overcome.
on 9 September 2009
This book contains great advice if you follow it. A little bit Americanised and almost (forgive me) cheesy in places but well worth a read.
on 26 June 2009
I read this after my manager recommended it, and was impressed. It is very, very simple, but really makes you think. Unlike other self help books it isn't weighted with loads of psychology, nor is it claiming to fix everything. It accepts that some people won't find it useful - which I found a refreshing change from all the "we have the answer" books and people out there! But it made me sit up and take notice, and think a few things through. I've started recommending it to friends.

If you are feeling indecisive, suffering setbacks or just in need of some direction, I'd recommend this book.

The one thing I would add though is that perhaps if your setbacks are really serious it won't help: it has a very optimistic message of being in control of your own destiny, but sometimes that just doesn't happen!
on 25 July 2015
Excellent book! This is my 10th copy bought as I keep giving it out and never getting it back,
on 31 March 2014
Not a big fan of self help books, but it made sense and even better for not being too long.
VINE VOICEon 3 January 2009
This title is heavily written in the metaphor and conversational style that Dr Spencer Johnson uses in his works. The storyline is simple and the forewords of use in 'using' the book.

The book is divided into three sections; setting the scene; the tale itself; and analysis of the tale and it's meanings in life (ie how it can be applied).

If you take it at face value then it does either provide an insight into our psyches and how we do deal with change and change situations; or it reinforces something that we already knew about ourselves.

In a world where change is a constant and business is adapting to new technologies and theories, this text is still important....provided the reader is willing to consider the lessons and, where appropriate, change.
on 5 October 2002
Whilst instigating change in my company, and being an avid reader of business and self development literature, I was looking for something that would help to pass on the message to my managers and supervisors, none of whom are particularly "bookish". As the other reviewers state, Who moved my cheese is a rather simplistic parable about accepting and embracing change, and yes, I did read it in 30 minutes, and yes, I have learnt much more from other,more detailed, books. This notwithstanding,my staff have to a person found it to be most illuminating - some have approached me with new life goals, one said how he wished he had read the book 15 years ago as it would have lead to his life being more fulfilled today - high praise indeed.
on 30 May 2013
It is so good I bought a copy for my sister and my friend! It made change seem less scary!
on 20 June 2015
A short read but a very thought provoking and amusing little story. Highly recommend it.
on 21 September 2014
Loved this book it really does help you understand about change and how to deal with it.