Sarah Key's Back Sufferers' Bible
Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 November 2015
Only been using this for 3 days but can already tell a difference in what has been debilitating pain for a slipped disc. Have managed to cut down on my painkillers by a third. The exercises such as back rolling I'd never heard of before and they are certainly different starting ones from those my physio recommended I do. The book is very detailed in its explanations as to how a healthy back functions and what happens when it goes wrong. For the first time in s long history of pain I finally get it; knowing why you are doing certain exercises is a real motivator. Brilliant.
4 people found this helpful
on 6 May 2018
Fascinating! If only I had known the importance of and how to rehydrate my spinal discs daily! I bought this as part of a spine realignment course, but ended up recommending it to my whole family! The book is very well written, clear, simple to understand, but in depth. Invaluable advice of how to take care of your spine and how to correctly use your muscles to avoid or recover from injury. I give these exercises to clients, and they are seeing great results!
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 30 March 2017
Brilliant and informative book. Had a severe back injury and Physio recommended it. Glad I did. Very informative and excellent self help advice. Wish I had it years ago. Highly recommend this book
2 people found this helpful
on 17 March 2014
This book saved me from operation after operation. It explained the do's and don't. It explained my pain and what caused it. There are charts and diagrams that make it all so clear. Why does my calf hurt or my big toe? Well that is all there the answer is because of the discs and nerves in your back. Try this before any operation!
6 people found this helpful
on 9 September 2016
Great book. Really helped with lower back broblem which I discovered was caused by compression of the soft tissue between the vertebra. Even more importantly there is a series of excercises to help avoid recurrence. My favourite is the squat holding the batch, and also I think the most effective.
on 4 February 2016
This is a book that is well written . It has information in that I have not been given by my physio.
I have recovered very well by following the advise . The exercises are explained and even more importantly work. I am experiencing very little pain and only then when I don't exercise. .Well worth having.
on 26 June 2011
I injured my back at work; and although it was trivial, it kept niggling me. I wanted to understand the nuts and bolts of a back and ways I could prevent my minor injury from becoming chronic. Visiting a chiropractor - which I did - was fine but it did not teach me anything about my back. Using Sarah Key's book, I was able to diagnose my ailment and undertake a course of self-treatment which would prevent it from becoming worse. What I like about Sarah Key is that she places her personal experience before established practice or theory. She is very much hands on. Your health is the most precious thing you have and a bad back is one of the greatest obstacles to that; therefore, do yourself a favour and buy it.
on 2 April 2015
Two herniated discs last year after an accident. Recommended to me by a former sufferer. Combined with regular physio, this book enabled me to stop the mind-numbing medication and get my life back sooner rather than later. Understanding the pain you suffer is more than half the battle!
3 people found this helpful
on 29 December 2016
This book in conjunction with physio solved my lower back problem which was causing me great pain for 6 months. Really helps to explain how your spine works and useful exercises to help alleviate pain and strengthen your back. Highly recommend.
on 16 May 2017
Excellent book. There is an updated version available too.