Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Alice Cooper Learn more Fitbit

on 27 January 2017
Service very and product very good.
on 3 June 2017
This book is so great ,exciting and inspiring . it may sound like a collection of stories but it isn't. It is really good and I would recommend to all ages
on 2 March 2017
Absolute genius is Richard Adams. It really doesn't matter who reads this book because it is fabulous.
on 31 May 2017
Odd snippets of news from the well-loved community of rabbits. I was afraid he'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel, but this is charming, delightful. More, please.
on 26 March 1999
This is not a chronological sequel to "Watership Down." Instead, it is a series of stories on the lives of our lapine heros and a collection of their myths about El-ahrairah. I like the myths as they provide insight into rabbit religion and values: community values. The stories of Hazel and the others in the warren are like letters from friends. As the companion of a pet rabbit named Hayzeal, the sentiment of these stories rings true. For the true friend of the Watership Down rabbits, Tales from Watership Down is indispensable.
on 5 June 2005
This book is not very similar to the original novel, which is what I think makes it so interesting and worthwhile to read. I definitely prefer the original, but I believe this work has something important to say. Each of the tales is worthy of the telling and the reading.
I probably will not re-read this as I have the original work, but I don't think I should be comparing this novel to the original one in this review. This is good storytelling in-and-of itself and does not need to be put side-by-side with Watership Down.
The shorter tales are excellent quick reading, and make this an easier book to pick up and put down in our busy lives. Much of what the author is saying in these tales is incredibly fascinating. I was particularly drawn to the paradox that the man-smell, which the rabbits would generally use as a reason to outcast one of their own, is actually what saves the warren. The wisdom of the characters to recognize this is nicely woven into the tale. As with his other works, Richard Adams shows incredible insight into our natural world, especially that of community living animals. It is nice to see humanity in these creatures or, rather, theirs reflected in us. (I am not sure which is more accurate.)
This is a nice collection of touching tales that definitely have something significant to say. As long as readers are not expecting a repeat of the original book, I believe this will be an enjoyable experience. Just don't expect it to read like a sequel.
J.H. Sweet, author of The Fairy Chronicles
on 19 March 2008
If you have read Watershipdown and really enjoyed it then you should definately think about reading this. great little stories about the rabbits. some intrigueing, some whimsical others Blackly horrorfying.
on 22 January 2000
This is such a brilliant book. I have read this book more the eight times. I thought no other book could be as good as Watership Down. I was wrong. And if Richard Adams is reading this please write More Tales from Watership Down. I would buy it
on 26 August 2016
A remembrance of living in the English countryside nearly seventy years ago and exploring all the simple things and pleasant things around in the fields, the woods, and the hedges in the days when an eight years old could safely fetch the cows along the main road to be milked at six o'clock in the morning without the slightest risk from traffic or strangers.
on 21 August 2009
This is a lovely book for those who already love 'Watership Down'. Though not a chronological sequel - you get to meet characters that you love from the original book and get to know them better - in many ways.
As there are separate stories in this book, not a one long story - it maybe doesn't grasp you in the same way, but it is just as philosophical and thoughtful as 'Watership Down' itself.
Read it with my son when he was about 7 - he had no problems with the book. However - we both LOVED 'Watership Down' - so any continuation was very welcome.