Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 20 January 2012
Felix Dennis poetry is special - accessible, fun, engaging, sometimes poignant, always a great read (or listen).

This version comes with a CD of Felix reading how work, and his voice adds real depth and vitality to these great poems.

Not into poetry reading? Neither was I until I went to one! But I am converted to Felix at least.
on 26 May 2015
At last, here is a book (& CD & DVD) of poetry for those who do not normally like poetry.

Most modern poets eschew and ignore most modern people, which is why most modern people ignore and eschew modern poetry. However, here is a poet who writes about life as it is lived – from personal experience – who easily connects with his audience.

Dennis is also funny which helps a great deal in drawing you into both his world and his work.

Despite his great wealth, Felix Dennis is both earthy and accessible.
on 2 January 2006
I am normally rather turned off by poetry, but these are a wondeful a refreshing bunch of poems that I have read more than once and enjoyed. There are some hysterically funny poems and some very sad ones. Altogether very entertaining.
on 20 October 2004
I was enticed along to an evening of felix's poetry by the promise of free wine,but in all honesty would happily pay to see him again and again!
If all poetry was written with the same passion,humour and senses of nostalgia and morality as Felix's then poetry would once again be one of the foremost art forms in this country.This is poetry for the masses and best of all it is free from the pretentiousness that usually accompanies the medium,and best of all...it actually rhymes!!
on 23 July 2010
I love all his poems. A delight, a laugh, a sigh. The CD that comes with the book is great for walking to the shops (downloaded onto the ipod. Many if not all his poems can be read on his web site - but it is still worth getting the book for portability.
on 10 January 2013
Felix Dennis writes real poetry that rhymes, scans and in some cases sings to the reader. It is thoughtful, funny, provocative and thoroughly entertaining. This book is the perfect introduction to poetry and should be an example to every aspiring poet. To appreciate it fully, read each poem as if you were reading it aloud to ourself.
on 5 June 2014
My intro to FD's poetry books was LONE WOLF and I recognised myself in it! I know where he is coming from. I feel as though I own a very expensive book...in lots of ways. It would be unfair to review each poem one by one as poetry can translate to different people in different ways. What I can say is that Mr Dennis has lived a fuller than usual life, dealt with all manner of people at all levels of life and this has shaped his very insightful view upon himself and also the world around him.

I highly recommend it. In fact, it's that good I also bought it as a present for my Mam. A wise choice for me... she loves it too.
on 24 February 2016
The book cover was filthy. It had dried food and general sticky unpleasant grubbiness on the cover. The wipes used to clean were black with filth. I cannot read the book now as its so disgusting. Btw there were annotations.
on 6 May 2015
Pretty good ecological poetry, art works are good too
on 17 January 2015
Good writing and good feedback