on 24 August 2014
Really surprised at this book. Firstly the thickness of it, I was expecting 370 odd pages but this is over 800!

It's really informative and when I qualified as a domestic plumber I wish I had this book to hand, it's more detailed than my actual dedicated plumbing books.

A really good purchase and will hopefully aid me through my training as a Civil Engineer this September.!
on 11 November 2013
I have owned copies of this book since they were first published . It is well written with very good illustrations , only bettered by the builders details sheets which are no longer in print . I use the book as a quick reference and to show clients , Architects , Tradesmen etc before works commence. The great thing about the books is that they have not thrown out the baby with the bath water. So when working on refurbishment work you can get a really good idea of what you are likely to find. My only complaint is that there is not a hard backed copy .
A must on any builders book shelf
One person found this helpful
on 22 February 2014
If you're looking to start out in building regs, or anything architecture related this is your bible. It covers all the basics to do with building construction and as an architect moving from design into producing construction drawings it is a great start.
One person found this helpful
on 13 February 2014
I chose this book as I teach construction skills and needed a terminology resource for my learners and this is exactly what I need. With excellent line drawing I can show them why a purlin is called a purlin and where why and how it is used .
on 23 February 2016
A very usable technical book. Possibly a little dated but full of good basic information on a great range of topics.
on 31 August 2017
Classic read
on 16 April 2015
Very good update by an excellent author. Every builder should be made to get one and read it . Essential for any architects library.
on 21 April 2016
Great
on 21 December 2014
This edition has even more useful information in than previous editions.
on 27 May 2015
Very useful purchase and has assisted me in completing my assignments. Really easy read and segments are digestible. Diagrams are useful and ease to understand.