on 3 September 2011
If you are studying Higher GCSE,A Level,BTEC NC or even HNC this is the one to go for.
It is a well written using worked examples helping you understand the core material.
Infact any John Bird or Bird and May books are great books,and can be found on Amazon at a great price.
If you want a GCSE-A Level/HNC Maths Book GET THIS ONE!
on 17 February 2014
I bought this book because I wanted to expand my mathematic abilities in certain areas in a self-study and I have searched MANY math textbooks, but this book was EXACTLY what I was looking for! It is very well illustrated with many many worked examples and problems for the reader (with solutions). I absolutely recommend this book for any engineering student. I think this should be the THE standard math textbook for engineers.

You will not be disapointed with this one. I approve!
on 3 May 2014
I bought this as I teach maths and was asked to take a maths support class for engineering students at 16+ level. Covers angineering maths up to degree level in a clear way with good examples and worked solutions.
on 15 December 2012
brought this book for my son who is doing operation maintainance at college, its making math easier and more enjoyable
on 15 February 2013
This book is more of a reference/reminder book and assumes you have higher mathematics knowledge, as do most Newnes books. A lot of the examples in these books are explained ok but only work for you if you have covered the subject before. Otherwise yo find yourself going further and further back through the book and working on other things rather than the problem in hand because some of the steps of how to get to a answer are missed out. Some of the explanation simply aren't explained fully and don't tell you what you need to know. I have a good understanding of maths and how to apply maths but this book rarely helps in the end i just resort to looking it up on google. The other thing with all of Newns technical books is they have mathematical mistakes throughout. e.g. two different books had different mistakes and wrong answers an the same subject. Not only that but the subject was worked though differently in both books. This does not help anyone learn especially when a full work through of the example is not provided. In short good if you have a maths teacher to sit next to you or are just reminding your self.
on 21 February 2014
Some of the maths text is way too small for comfortable reading, and some text is actually impossible to read. Not standard font so can't resize in the usual way. Not recognised as image either so can't use the zoom function.

Great maths book but I would recommend getting the physical version.
on 19 February 2013
I was looking at some books that could help with my Engineering Mathematics in my BTEC course, I found this book and it was a great buy, it lays it out all easy so anybody can follow it, and plus it gives you little examples and questions! I am not sure if you can take it to a higher level, say University, but it could do wonders like that.

But my advice is if you are doing the Engineering BTEC, buy this book and the others, certainly gives you a better knowledge on what you are dealing with.
on 19 July 2012
This book has combined the concept of mathematics in a very nice, clear, easy to understand manner. I am sure this book will be very useful for students doing undergraduate course in mathematics, physics and engineering. I am PhD qualified highly experienced tutor. Most of my students find this book very useful in revising the fundamental mathematics concept. If you need FREE advice, explanation of any topic, solution of a problem, feel free to contact me at info@aonetuition.co.uk. Good luck!!
on 5 January 2014
this product covers a range of mathematical areas involved with engineering and as electrical engineer student this is a very useful book for studying with.
on 24 February 2014
The best engineering maths book I have ever used. Simple explanations and worked problems. I couldn't be without it now!